LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-08-2012, 10:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

FreeDiRo is an unknown
Baysonr ebay products?

I was looking at purchasing these two products from him;

06-07 Impreza WRX STI S204 Front Bumper Lip (Urethane) | eBay

02-07 Impreza Rear Roof Fin VG Spoiler Wing (ABS Black) | eBay

Just wondering if anyone else has used his products and what experience you had with them. I a most concerned with that second item, because it requires 3M double sided tape to adhere to the car. Maybe I would be better sited to go with the small spoiler like the STi has, but I am not the biggest fan of that look. I also want a rear diffuser under the car, but won't do that until I get my new exhaust first, not to mention the are fairly expensive and haven't found much info on how much down force/smooth air transfer they actually create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-08-2012, 11:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

BoostinChick is a helpful contributing member
Garage
I have the front lip. Have had it for 2-years without issue. Just note that it does not come with the screws/washers for install. You are on your own for that, unless you go with the JNA Performance lip (which is a few doll hairs more).

- Sandra
2007 WRX TR | Stage 2 | PAR Gearset (Built by AndrewTech)
#3 Old 08-08-2012, 12:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to rex2002 Send a message via Skype™ to rex2002
i have the spoiler. mine did not come with any 3m mount tape. the sides pop under the rubber tracks on the roof,but you still need to 3m tape it. also in extreme heat the back middle seems to "pop" up a little. tape is still intact,not a big deal unless your showing your car. i have it for over a year and still in one piece. i think when i do get the car repainted ill get it put on more secure.
#4 Old 08-08-2012, 01:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Don't do the vortex generator. Don't put non-functional EVO parts on a Subaru

The lip is fine though. Just stay away from anything with large flat surfaces as Bayson R parts tend to be ripply and pitted. On a lip it won't matter much.
#5 Old 08-08-2012, 02:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
Don't do the vortex generator. Don't put non-functional EVO parts on a Subaru

The lip is fine though. Just stay away from anything with large flat surfaces as Bayson R parts tend to be ripply and pitted. On a lip it won't matter much.
my pieces came in perfect condition. its been on the car for almost a year,but before that it sat in the hot attic for close to a year before i put in on. just saying my parts turned out ok
#6 Old 08-08-2012, 04:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

AllExtinct is a helpful contributing member
Got my front lip off Ebay no probs.
But like Sandra said nothing is included just find a few secure spots on the sides and under and your good.
I posted a link up for a factory match color paint site some time back if your looking to paint it yourself.

Cobb Accessport Stage 2.
JDM ej205 swap.

Hakuna Matata.

Chuck.
#7 Old 08-08-2012, 05:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

FreeDiRo is an unknown
Thanks guys, and I appreciate the personal opinions I will take them for what they are. Still not sold on that little spoiler on the back of the roof like the STi, but maybe I need to see it more and have it grow on me.
#8 Old 08-08-2012, 05:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
That wing is an EVO thing, this is the STi rear window wing....or close anyway
2002-2007 SUBARU WRX STI IMPREZA WINDOW ROOF SPOILER WING WITH BLACK SIDE | eBay
I have ordered stuff from this seller and it was superb.

On another note, when I had my body shop. I would ALWAYS charge more to fit and prep an Ebay body kit. Lips are a bit easier and take less time for sure. I still would never expect 100% direct fitment.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#9 Old 08-08-2012, 06:45 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
That "STI" spoiler/roof thing, to install you actually have to drill into your c pillar. That is what has kept me away from it, even tho I would love to have it.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#10 Old 08-08-2012, 07:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^ I did it and it wasn't bad at all, thing is, when you get through the outside skin. Its best to finish from the inside of the car(layers of sheeting). The inner layers are angled and will cause you to either torque the hell out of your wrist/arm, or will make you snap hella billions of drill bits.

Randy-
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#11 Old 08-08-2012, 07:06 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
See I work on helicopters day in and day out. Drilling, fabricating, fiberglassing. But when it come to my car, it always takes me back some, lol, idk why. I do have a 36v Dewalt drill and do have some nice drill bits. But will keep that in mind Randy. One day I might actually grow a set and do it, lol.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#12 Old 08-09-2012, 04:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

FreeDiRo is an unknown
Yeah, I am not all about "that's for EVO's only" or "STi upgrades or bust" the personal look of your car should be what you want. Now that I know the STi rear roof spoiler requires drilling into the C pillar I am definitely not any more convinced to get that. I honestly think the vortex generator will help pull the car's look together once I get a rear diffuser for the back bumper. I don't, personally, think one similarly styled part of an EVO will 'ruin' the look of the car.

Thanks for the advice/opinions guys!
#13 Old 08-09-2012, 06:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

To each their own. I fully agree. If every other yellow wrx looked like mine, I would sell it in a heart beat.

Randy-
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#14 Old 08-09-2012, 12:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeDiRo View Post
Yeah, I am not all about "that's for EVO's only" or "STi upgrades or bust" the personal look of your car should be what you want. Now that I know the STi rear roof spoiler requires drilling into the C pillar I am definitely not any more convinced to get that. I honestly think the vortex generator will help pull the car's look together once I get a rear diffuser for the back bumper. I don't, personally, think one similarly styled part of an EVO will 'ruin' the look of the car.

Thanks for the advice/opinions guys!
to this post. to each there own. if you think it looks cool on your ride then do it.
there are certain people on here that dont respect others ideas/mods they want to do to there car. i say just do what ever makes you happy.
#15 Old 08-09-2012, 02:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

FreeDiRo is an unknown
Thanks Rex and Blaze your yellow subie is the shit, props to you on that one. Personally I can only stand yellow on Porsches, Ferraris or Lamborghini(not a big fan of Lambos though) But that yellow and black you got going on is sick!

I eventually want to paint my car a flat forrest green and use some black here and there to pull it all together.