Aquapel review - lasts longer and better than Rain-X - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-31-2005, 11:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

cannibal86 is an unknown
Thumbs up Aquapel review - lasts longer and better than Rain-X

http://www.ppg.com/gls_aquapel/

After seeing a positive review on this stuff in the monthly AAA Magazine, I decided to take a chance on the stuff. It's available on eBay for the cheapest price. I think I paid like $24 for 6 application tubes.

I used 2 tubes on the WRX, and 3 on my wife's CRV. At first I was a little skeptical (there's a video on the PPG website), but strangely enough, it really seems to work just THAT well! Application is really easy - just squeeze the applicator till the interior tube (glass?) breaks and then use the applicator to apply onto the windshield. Wipe off with a dry paper towel, and then discard. It may take several wipes before it all comes off, but there is no buffing involved. I actually ended up doing the front windshield, rear window, both front side windows, mirrors, headlights, and taillights. The water really just literally beads up and is blown away by the wind.

Time will tell just how long it lasts, but supposedly it forms a chemical bond with the glass and lasts up to 6 months (longer on the side windows).

Just thought I'd pass the word around since I haven't really seen it discussed before on here

-C

Quote:
About the AQUAPEL® GLASS TREATMENT:

Developed and patented by PPG Industries, Inc., for the aviation industry, this unique proprietary treatment is applied to the exterior of vehicle glass, leaving the windshield and other treated glass surfaces water-resistant.

Rain beads up and rolls off. Snow and ice are easier to remove. Bugs and tree sap can be cleaned off glass with less difficulty.

Aquapel is different .
Aquapel forms a chemical bond with the glass, which lasts up to six (6) times longer than silicone based products. Unlike other commercial rain repellents that can wash away in a matter of hours, one treatment lasts for months under normal use. An Aquapel Glass Treatment is installed in minutes and lasts for up to six months in the windshield wiper area, under normal driving conditions lasts for up to eighteen months on side windows, under normal driving conditions.
Applies in 3 or 4 minutes with more durable performance; lasts at least six times longer.

In summary, Aquapel® Glass Treatment:
Remarkably improves vision in rain, … and sleet, and snow.
Promotes safe driving,
Eases snow, ice and bug removal,
Advanced PPG patented formula, derived from aviation technology
Durable performance,
6 times longer than silicon-based do-it-yourself items.