Anyone have info on new polk components built to fit in a wrx? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-25-2006, 08:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

seanleblond is an unknown
Anyone have info on new polk components built to fit in a wrx?

Whats up speed racers? The struggle continues for the perfect speaker for our tight ass doors. I went to tweeter the other day in my area (MASSACHUCETTS) due to the fact that the car audio expert their drives a 2003 wrx like me. He showed me a new set of polk component speakers that should fit in the front door. I guess a bunch of guys at polk drive wrxs' also and they got fed up building custom door panels. I checked the polk website but it had no info I could find. Has anyone else come across these or installed them? I dont have a model number I didnt write it down but can get it with a quick dip down the road, they retail at between 750 and 800 dollars per pair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-25-2006, 10:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

Got the model number for the speakers

The model number on those speakers is SR6500 or 5600 im dislexic. They can be setup as either component or coaxial and are designed to fit in tight spaces like ours. Check em out I appreciate any feedback from those who may have already got these or are thinkin of it, also if you install car audio and know about these and if they really do truley fit. They come with adabtable spacers as well, or so Im told Im sure you have all come across corporate white lies in an attempt to sell you a speaker.
#3 Old 01-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Ian

Ian is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Ian
Not Polks but, Boston Aucustic's make's a slim speaker that fits in our doors.
#4 Old 01-26-2006, 06:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

I know about the BAs the other reason I went to tweeter and not a local mom and pop op. I had no idea the polk sr6500 existed till yesterday I think they are fresh of the paper and into production hence no one knows about them yet. These are also designed like the BAs to be slim fit for placement in more vehicles, European and american adapter plates for screw placement, the works.

The Sweeter Tweeter

The tweeter can be used either as a separate component or post mounted coaxially with the driver. Two flush mount cups (straight and angled) and two coaxial posts (straight and coaxial) are provided for the ultimate in installation flexibility.

22mm Ring Radiator Tweeter - Ring radiator tweeters have inherently few performance-robbing resonance modes. The result is flat, extended frequency response beyond 40kHz, low distortion, excellent dynamics, exceptional detail and transparency.
Neodymium Motor Structure with Faraday Cap The copper “Faraday Cap“ on the pole piece flattens the impedance curve, lowers distortion, extends and improves high frequency response.
High Frequency Waveguide Prevents phase cancellations for smooth, uniform frequency response and wide dispersion.

The Driver

Aerated Polypropylene Cone: The mid/bass driver cone is Aerated Polypropylene in which air is injected into Polypropylene to produce a honeycomb structure that serves to stiffen and damp the cone without adding mass. This is the same cone technology employed in Polk‘s critically acclaimed LSi Series audiophile-grade home speaker line.
Removable Phase Plug for smooth, flat frequency response even off-axis. Remove the phase plug and replace it with either a straight or angled tweeter mounting post to transform the SR6500 into the absolute best coaxial speaker on the planet.
Butyl Rubber Surround- Further damps cone resonance for wider response and lower distortion. High resistance to UV and temperature extremes means long life and reliability.
Neodymium Magnet Structure - Finite Element Analysis (FEA) design makes the powerful neodymium magnet more linear for lower distortion and higher definition. Small Neo magnet makes the SR6500 easier to fit into more locations and vehicles.
Die Cast Aluminum Basket for greater resistance to resonance.
2 1/2” Mounting depth plus supplied spacer rings ensure easy installation into a wide variety of cars.
U.S. & Euro hole patterns to line up with the mounting screw holes of virtually any vehicle.
1 1/2” Voice Coil For better power handling and bass output.
Polyimide Voice Coil Former for high thermal stability (rated to 220°C) high power handling and low mass.
4-Way Gold Plated Input Terminals Corrosion resistant terminals accept fastons, spade lugs and bare wire.
Vent Holes in the basket equalize air pressure on both sides of the spider for more linear travel, flatter frequency response and lower distortion.