anyone experienced a auto shipping comp before? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-27-2014, 01:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

385STI06 is an unknown
anyone experienced a auto shipping comp before?

I want to ship my STi I left at home sitting in the garage just wanting me to drive it. Has anyone shipped before? I know it can be expensive but one big reason why I didnt drive it cross country is mileage I dont want to have high milage on my car a sti with low miles looks good and my travel expenses would almost be 1k almost what shipping cost lets admit it guys we dont have civics our cars can guzzle gas. Anyways any recommendations? Also be glad get in your wrx/sti and be happy cause u can mine is too far away and I want to drive it really bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-27-2014, 02:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Just as a rough estimate I know a few guys who have spent upwards of $800 to put a vehicle on a flatbed and have it delivered across state lines. Your description didn't say where you are trying to ship your vehicle to or from, if it has to be shipped across water or if you plan on putting it in a steel container.

With that information I can give you a better estimate but at this point I would look for auto movers on Google. their prices will vary depending on how far you need to go, if you want your car shipped in a container or on an open flatbed, and your pickup and delivery instruction.

Thats alot of money for "I want to take my car for a joy ride" but if you are planning on staying where you are then its not so crazy.

hope that helps

Jason
13 WRX Hatch
#3 Old 05-27-2014, 10:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

385STI06 is an unknown
Ya I want to ship it on a open container I just hope there a good company not scratch my car and say it wasn't me. But I live in utah and I love to georgia and I do need my car here for work im using my in laws car my original plan was to fly back home and get it drive it back here but if shipping cost almost the same or close saving those extra miles are worth it. Thanks
#4 Old 05-27-2014, 11:30 PM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Dude...just drive it and enjoy the cruise. You said you miss driving it right? Here's your chance to spend some quality time!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#5 Old 05-28-2014, 07:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

GSMNZ is an unknown
save on the cash and get a bus ticket home the you can drive your baby back.

Its not going to really impact your cars value. And think when you get your car back you are going to have this urge to drive it anyways

Just keep using your in-laws when you get back to do the little trips around town

05 WRX Wagon - East Coast Swappers Protuned "Stage 4" w/Cobb AP
#6 Old 05-28-2014, 09:02 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Usual way is to put your car into a moving truck. They contract several customers in your area going to your destination area and from there onto the next location (so it's 1 way all the time). Cost is related to how much weight and how much space. Roughly $3 a mile is a ballpark number. Yes, it's probably cheapest to take a bus/plane to your car and drive it back.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#7 Old 05-28-2014, 08:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

clamer is an unknown
If I were you I would just drive it cross country, it will be a great adventure and don't worry they are made for this scenario.