Another wonderful hid question - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 02-11-2014, 08:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan21 View Post
all your facts line up yes, and it might be a road hazard to other, but to set a few things strait

My road Vision is even more clear and can see further.

My highs, can still flash and takes only about 10sec to warm up

Never had any complaints from my friends and family that I have driven behind and past about my low beams being blinding.

Everyone has their own facts about the HID and the housing. I am just saying you can still do it and it wont melt the housing, you wont mess anything up.

Just think how I make one valid point on how it is possible to run them with no issue and I get a bunch of junk about pretty much how I am stupid for what I am doing and being a road hazard and what not!

Thanks
Will, they work? Yes.

Is it right? No...

The guys aren't lying...do I really have to dig up the old thread? (walks away)

Hate to steal these from another member on here...but, this is a good demonstration of the difference.

Stock 08 WRX headlights with HID h11 drop in kit (Glare)

vs same member's headlights with a TSX HID lense retro fit with d2s bulbs. (clear and a sharp cut off line)

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 02-11-2014, 08:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
It is a FACT that drop ins are bad for your lens, while also being dangerousness to others.
That is NOT an opinion.
turmic likes this.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#18 Old 02-11-2014, 09:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

14WRX is an unknown
Agree with Blaze! I hate being blinded.
#19 Old 02-12-2014, 12:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan21 View Post
all your facts line up yes, and it might be a road hazard to other, but to set a few things strait

My road Vision is even more clear and can see further.

My highs, can still flash and takes only about 10sec to warm up

Never had any complaints from my friends and family that I have driven behind and past about my low beams being blinding.

Everyone has their own facts about the HID and the housing. I am just saying you can still do it and it wont melt the housing, you wont mess anything up.

Just think how I make one valid point on how it is possible to run them with no issue and I get a bunch of junk about pretty much how I am stupid for what I am doing and being a road hazard and what not!

Thanks
Nobody called you stupid. We just differentiated fact (which is definitive and can be proven) from opinion. Your kits were poorly thought out purchases, but nobody insulted you and called you dumb. Nothing I've stated are "my own facts", because they are universal for everyone.
BLAZE2099 likes this.
#20 Old 02-20-2014, 11:48 AM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I don't mean to res a dead thread but I may have a solution for OP. If you are looking for more light or whiter/slightly bluer light Philips makes a bulb they call diamond vision ultra. It gives a very white light and the blue tip creates a bit of that HID blue/ rainbow effect around the cuttoffs. They also are rated at about 1800 Lumens vs the stock 1300 so they are considerably brighter. I picked up a set of their crystal white ultra bulbs this week because they were on closeout sale for $15, I installed them yesterday and they definitely throw a nice white HID style light.

Beware if you choose to use Brighter or Bluer headlights they do have a significantly reduced lifespan, in most cases your lucky if you get 18 months out of them. The $30 every year and a half seems OK to me.

Jason
13 WRX Hatch
#21 Old 02-20-2014, 01:27 PM
Premium Member

arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
They sell those Philip bulbs on Amazon pretty cheap, I bought highs, lows, and fog bulbs. I just bought the whiter ones myself and another member, @the RIOT act has the ones that arctiscythe mentioned, maybe he could post you a picture of his

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
#22 Old 02-20-2014, 08:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

LevelsToThisSHH is an unknown
Please post a link to the bulb you guys got for other people to see. And if you have pics that would be nice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
#23 Old 02-20-2014, 10:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelsToThisSHH View Post
Please post a link to the bulb you guys got for other people to see. And if you have pics that would be nice.

The philips product page,
Buy the CrystalVision Ultra Automotive Headlight 9005CVS2 Automotive Headlight

those are the high beams, they also have low beams on the same series

Jason
13 WRX Hatch
#24 Old 02-21-2014, 05:31 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Here are highs, lows, and fog bulb links on amazon. These will give that light blueish hue you want.

Amazon.com: Philips 9006 (HB4) Diamond Vision 5000K Ultimate White 12V 55W Light Bulbs (A Pair/Package): Automotive Amazon.com: Philips 9006 (HB4) Diamond Vision 5000K Ultimate White 12V 55W Light Bulbs (A Pair/Package): Automotive

Amazon.com: Genuine Philips 9005 (HB3) Diamond Vision 5000K Ultimate White 12V 65W Light Bulbs (A Pair/Package | with Philips' Security Label!): Automotive Amazon.com: Genuine Philips 9005 (HB3) Diamond Vision 5000K Ultimate White 12V 65W Light Bulbs (A Pair/Package | with Philips' Security Label!): Automotive

Amazon.com: Philips - Diamond Vision H11 Halogen HID Super White 5000K (Pair): Automotive Amazon.com: Philips - Diamond Vision H11 Halogen HID Super White 5000K (Pair): Automotive

These links are for the crystal vision which are a whiter light and DO NOT have a blueish hue.

Philips 9006 CrystalVision Ultra Headlight Bulbs(Pack of 2) : Amazon.com : Automotive Philips 9006 CrystalVision Ultra Headlight Bulbs(Pack of 2) : Amazon.com : Automotive

Philips 9005 CrystalVision Ultra Headlight Bulbs (High-Beam), Pack of 2 : Amazon.com : Automotive Philips 9005 CrystalVision Ultra Headlight Bulbs (High-Beam), Pack of 2 : Amazon.com : Automotive

Philips H11 CrystalVision Ultra Headlight Bulb, Pack of 2 : Amazon.com : Automotive Philips H11 CrystalVision Ultra Headlight Bulb, Pack of 2 : Amazon.com : Automotive

So there you have all the links you could want/need.
Attached Images

LevelsToThisSHH likes this.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
#25 Old 02-21-2014, 06:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

Sh!t they're expensive to get all at once ill do the low beams first. Slowly move my way to the next set. Lol

#26 Old 02-21-2014, 06:43 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Probably cheaper than hids and getting them retro fitted. You can search for cheaper prices. I just posted the first link I could find. I paid $10 for the high beam bulbs about a month ago for the Crystal visions. Really not that bad...

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
#27 Old 02-21-2014, 11:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arewmors View Post
Probably cheaper than hids and getting them retro fitted. You can search for cheaper prices. I just posted the first link I could find. I paid $10 for the high beam bulbs about a month ago for the Crystal visions. Really not that bad...

Do you or anyone else have an idea of actual stores that would carry the philips crystalvision and diamond vision. So i can just go and buy them myself not having to deal with shipping

I'm planning on going with the crystalvision on the high beams and diamondvision on the low beam and fogs