Amp sub install.. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-26-2012, 06:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

Duffie112 is an unknown
Amp sub install..

How are you guys getting all your wires to the trunk? Are you mounting amp in trunk with subs too? Thanks

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-26-2012, 06:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to rex2002 Send a message via Skype™ to rex2002
i brought the cables through the rubber boot from the steering wheel shaft and ran it under the carpet along the center console and under the rear seats right to the truck. you could even do the same but run it along the drivers side kick panel. if you take that panel off you should be able to pull back the carpet back a little and tuck it in there
#3 Old 02-27-2012, 05:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Put the amp under the seat (gets a little more air)

Don't ever attach the amp to the sub box.... Back in the day, that would be a neon sign on your car "STEAL ME".

Don't ask how I know this.... ha

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#4 Old 02-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
I also put mine under the seat. However, if you do this, be sure to block off the heater vents. I used some scrap dynamat we had lying around the shop.

If you want it in the trunk, running it under the carpet long the console is probably the best way. Kick panel on the driver's side is the easier way.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#5 Old 02-27-2012, 05:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

AllExtinct is a helpful contributing member
I have mine in my trunk screwed onto the back of my 12 box. I ran the RCA wire under the center console and let it show going under the back seat to the trunk. "was lazy"
I ran the power wire on the left side and grounded it in the trunk.

Cobb Accessport Stage 2.
JDM ej205 swap.

Hakuna Matata.

Chuck.
#6 Old 02-27-2012, 07:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

gunk007 is more helpful than not
I ran the power wire and Remote turn on along the driver side and the RCAs along the passanger side. I have my amp attached to my sub box. I also ran speaker wire up through the center of the car (for my speakers up front. Good luck!
#7 Old 02-27-2012, 08:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

Duffie112 is an unknown
Cool now I have some ideas when I do his Wednesday. What size subs you guys running? How they sound?

#8 Old 02-28-2012, 07:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

gunk007 is more helpful than not
I have a 12" MTX hooked up to a mono amp (dont remeber the Wattage right now) . I really like it. I have had it for years and is starting to lose some of the punch but I like it.
#9 Old 02-28-2012, 09:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I used to have three JL Audio 12" subwoofers and a JL Audio 500 watt amp w/ a capacitor in a huge ass box that took up the majority of the trunk in my 1992 Explorer. When I sold that and got my 1996 Eclipse, I put two of the subwoofers in a spacesaver box with the same amp and capacitor and gave the other sub to my brother for his car. The whole setup was actually stolen once out of my Eclipse, but fortunately, insurance covered the loss and I got brand new equipment (the same stuff). When I sold the Eclipse, I sold the subs and amp to a friend of mine. While I enjoyed them, I think my subwoofer days are now over. It was fun setting off car alarms, but I'm sure I suffered a good bit of hearing loss because of them.

...and I actually have a picture of the Eclipse setup. Note the neon tube mounted above it - it flashed red and pulsed with the bass (somewhat embarrassing now, but I thought it was pretty awesome at the time).
Attached Images

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#10 Old 02-28-2012, 07:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

AllExtinct is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffie112 View Post
Cool now I have some ideas when I do his Wednesday. What size subs you guys running? How they sound?

Im only running one Rockford P2 12" on a Audiobahn 800 bridged.
Sounds decent, I had 2 P2's hooked up but got sick of the lack of trunk space for tools and such.

While on the subject of subs.
Anyone ever try to make a custom box that mounts on the side of the trunk, was thinking about trying.

Cobb Accessport Stage 2.
JDM ej205 swap.

Hakuna Matata.

Chuck.
#11 Old 02-28-2012, 08:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
subs make your car slow...therefore they are bad

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#12 Old 02-28-2012, 09:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

mazzanic is an unknown
I used to be in competitions for audio and no subs in wrx lol. I tried and almost rattled car apart with dynamat only running 350 watts rms to 1 ohm load which isnt much. If u like a little rattle then by all mean GFI and wire amp to seat and i actually went through fender on drivers side for power wire its was easilly accessible thrres. Plus our trunks arent flat n need custom box or itll look weird
#13 Old 02-28-2012, 09:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
I used to have three JL Audio 12" subwoofers and a JL Audio 500 watt amp w/ a capacitor in a huge ass box that took up the majority of the trunk in my 1992 Explorer. When I sold that and got my 1996 Eclipse, I put two of the subwoofers in a spacesaver box with the same amp and capacitor and gave the other sub to my brother for his car. The whole setup was actually stolen once out of my Eclipse, but fortunately, insurance covered the loss and I got brand new equipment (the same stuff). When I sold the Eclipse, I sold the subs and amp to a friend of mine. While I enjoyed them, I think my subwoofer days are now over. It was fun setting off car alarms, but I'm sure I suffered a good bit of hearing loss because of them.

...and I actually have a picture of the Eclipse setup. Note the neon tube mounted above it - it flashed red and pulsed with the bass (somewhat embarrassing now, but I thought it was pretty awesome at the time).
That looks very familar. I had pretty much the same set-up that you had in your eclipse, but it was in a grand am and I had a eclipse head unit (a aftermarket head unit...not the mitsubishi head unit ).

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae