Subaru WRX Forum banner

Aerosol WRB(02C) Paint NOT Grimmspeed?

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  LW_Black4 
#1 ·
I'll be getting a replacement hood scoop soon as well as wanting to paint the currently red forks on my bicycle project and I'll wnt them both World Rally Blue...just not willing to pay $30 a can for Grimmspeed WRB paint. Has anyone ever found a spray paint that's close to WRB 02C? There's gotta be something out there that's cheaper than what Grimmspeedmoffers, because that's just insanity. I refuse to buy it on principal alone. The scoop I'll be getting is more than likely going to be flat black and a bad paint job at that. Ad for my bicycle I'd really like it to match my WRX wagon since I'll be haulin it in my car and I think it'd be awesome if they matched. The point is anything is better than a crappy flat black paint job on the used hood scoop and the bicycle just needs to be close, so anything close enough to WRB would be, well...close enough lol. Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
i have used Dupli-color, i think its by Dupont. good stuff. it wont be called 'world rally blue' but whatever they call it, its an exact match. the silver is called 'Quicksilver' and not platinum silver metallic. i have painted my black wagon side skirts, my jdm sti hood scoop, custom front grille, and my hellas with the dupont rattle cans and they all turned out pretty good. rattle can tech has come a long way, just practice your paint skills on some sheet metal. oh and keep your nozzles clean.

prime, sand with 400 grit, 3 coat base, 3 coat clear... minumum. 10min dry time between each coat. and a few hours between the base and clear. you can optionally wet sand the base with 600 grit before you clear, but thats not really needed. thats show car stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.