2004 wrx center console... - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-22-2009, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

04wrxhart is an unknown
2004 wrx center console...

Please someone tell me that the 06-07 center console is compatible with my 04 wrx...

First of all, the 04 console is completly useless. It has a tiny ass cup holder, the e-brake is in the worst spot in the world, espically where the arm rest/cd/junk compartment is. Anyways, just by looking at the 06-07 console im in love. Its got not one but 2 full size cup holders, the e-brake looks like its in my dream location and by the looks of it, the arm rest wont interfier with me shifting my car. Yes im a big guy with long arms, 6'4" 220 lbs.
If not, im very tempted to just rip off the top of the armrest and make a little mod to it so the leather is on top of the CD box to remove the top compartment completly. But I would still like a decent cup holder, both the cup holders on the 04 are pathetic. Im trying to find something to do with the one on the dash as im afraid to put anything in it because it feels like it will just snap off lol. But there has to be some custom gauge work that I can do or something. Not to flame on my car, I absolutly love my little wrx to death but everything has its flaws.

Any feedback would be great, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-22-2009, 11:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

midniteblack is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to midniteblack
the swap has been done and is possible but seems like it might be a pita. if you want to look into it some more here are some links i have found about it.
05 Center console in a 04 updated: COMPLETED WITH PICS & WRITE UP - IWSTI.com: Subaru WRX STI Forums

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/03_...73.html?t=6673

How-to: 02-04 WR to 05+ Center Console Upgrade - NASIOC

also, sounds like you have an aftermarket armrest extension on your armrest. i had one of those on my bugeye and it really got in the way of shifting till i took it off. i really like my 05' center console compared to my 02' but i am 6'3" and the 02' had a little more room for my legs.

Last edited by midniteblack; 04-23-2009 at 02:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement