Subaru WRX Forum banner

08 Wrx Hid Rerofit

8K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  crazyfast 
#1 ·
I got these headlights off of ebay , used but brand new condition off of a totalled 09 . I've done retrofits before , this one is the same as others , a projector swap . I'm still waiting for my TSX projectors in the mail. Just so everyone knows, the orange reflectors can be simply unbolted and thrown in the trash , so you can have that nice clear headlight . !Thumbs Up I've only dismantled them so far , so more to come when I get my projectors , see you in a week. :rocks:

See less See more
#2 ·
So its been a week and I'm all done , I wish I could put them on the car but its 24 degrees out and the rtv sealer is not fully cured , So I have to wait a few days .

Here is a picture of a 2008 oem light out put with a h11 HID drop in kit . (glare)

Here is my Tsx retro fit with d2s bulbs, and cleared corners with chromax bulbs . (no glare, sharp cutoff line)

#5 ·
Probably wouldn't hurt to have the cleared corners matched with a amber bulb. Not sure about NY. But PA will slap you with a failed inspection with that set up. For the same reason that the cops will pull you over and ticket you. The whole reason for both occurances is: for not having amber turn/side markers.
I can't remeber....but, I think I remember reading on here about corner bulbs that are clear/silverish when turned off and amber when turned on. Someone please post a link of that if you know what I'm talking about.

#6 ·
#7 ·
Calm down man. I said, I remember someone posting that before. All, I asked was for a link of it. Because, I read your previous post apprantly. Good find though. !Thumbs Up

#8 ·
I'm sorry, I did kinda snap at you , I see you drive a 06 sti , most people with your car do a tsx lense swap , If you ever want to do that let me know, I will walk you threw it , I've retrofitted a few dozen headlights , this is my first wrx set . This was the easiest set I've ever done , because it was a projector swap.

#9 ·
If anyone is interested , I have my old set of headlights , they will fit 08-09 . I would like to sell them to someone on here the way they are ($375.00 shipped ) or retrofitted . I will only charge $100 for making them , as long as you provide a D2S hid kit of any kind and a pair of Acura TSX low beam projecters , the headlight will be plug and play and all you will have to due is mount the headlight . I will give a 1 year warranty on my head lights , not ballasts and bulbs , I stand by my work .

Redcharge

#10 ·
I just wanted to show this for giggles , if you bend down the reflective unit inside the projector you can get a decent but not great cut off line with no glare, but with some hotspots . . But in all seriousness if you have the whole headlight apart why bother , just slap hid projectors in instead .

So here it is , a 2008 wrx with a h11 drop in hid kit with the reflective units bent down .

Attachments

#12 ·
I like the idea of a stock looking HIDs, my '09 2.5RS has projector beam halogens.
will this mod work with a stock harness set up for halogens? are the power consumption ratings the same, did you splice into a harness with a relay? anyone know if an '09 WRXSTI headlamp assembly will plug and play with mine? What reputable HID conversion kits are there available?

Thanks for any help. (and contributing to the sickness.)

#15 ·
just out of curiosity, what reflector did you bend? im sorry if thats a silly question, but im a newb when it comes to modding lights. i have a hid kit in now and it gets pretty bad glare, and i would like to try that out since its free. haha

also, any one have HIDs in their fog lights or high lights?

#16 ·
Not sure what he had to do. But, it sounds like something inside the stock projector lens. Which you'd have to tear your whole head light assembly apart to do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.