Subaru WRX Forum banner

08 WRX HID Conversion

18K views 45 replies 18 participants last post by  paulderek 
#1 ·
Sup lighting gurus,

Okay, after going through all the forums looking for help or suggestions regarding HID upgrades for the 2008 WRX 5-Door Wagon, here are a few questions i have.

1. Has anyone done a STI complete conversion into an 08 WRX (Head Unit / Ballast / Bulbs)? Will it work?

2. Are the stock Halogen projector compatible for a straight aftermarket HID conversion without all the glare?

3. Since I've never done a retro fit before, what options do I have for an optimal, OEM look, but with a clean HID light source (no excessive glare)?

4. Looking to spend about $300 to $350, but if it's all OEM products, I may pay more.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

RE

#32 ·
After reading everyone's post, I finally got a pair of SharpHID 35W 5000k, but I have a question regarding the way the lights turn on. I was watching a video on their website and I was wondering if all the lights function like the OEM lights, or will this kit override some of the existing lighting functions (ie daylight driving, fog, highbeam) Do I use the standard light switch to turn on my HID, or do I have to install a separate switch?

#41 · (Edited)
Yes but you only need to buy 1 kit for high beams and one kit for low beams so it should only cost 100 total, and for your housings you need to order the H11 Kit for low beams and the 9005 kit for high beams

#44 ·
#46 ·
I got mine from Subaru WRX HIDs Subaru WRX HID Kits Headlight Conversions Xenon Bulbs 50w with 6000k color temperature bulbs and slim ballast.

If you do go for a true HID kit, I'd highly recommend going with a 6000K color temperature bulb, as that'll have the best light output with bulb color combo that you can get. 5000K is slightly brighter, but it'll have a tint of yellow to it, where 6000K has a tint of blue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.