08 wrx fog lights - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 07-07-2008, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Matt43040 is an unknown
08 wrx fog lights

I just bought a 2008 wrx and it did not have fog lights on it. They wanted a load of money to install them so I just have them send the lights to me. I was wonder before i started to install them and take off the plastic covering if any one knew if the wiring for it is already built in. The lights did not come with any wires so i assume that they are already there but i could be wrong. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-07-2008, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Matt43040 is an unknown
well did it anyway got them installed but can not get them to turn on. I think it could bu a fuse not sure let me know if anyone knows. Thanks
post #3 of 4 Old 07-13-2008, 10:48 AM
WRXtuners Member

REDCHARGE is an unknown
You have to look for the fuses and and relay locations, because they most likely didnt come with the car , thats why it isnt working or you just didnt install them right . This is something you have to figure out on your own ....follow all the wireing, and see whats missing .
post #4 of 4 Old 11-29-2008, 09:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

red08WRX is an unknown
Just so future DIY'ers know whats going on with this. Yes the car is wired for the fog lights. The kit comes with a new directional arm with the fog light function on it. The kit comes with a relay that is a simply put into its allocated location. This install is pretty easy, it was good to have another person there to take off the bumper. Reason being to take it off equally and so the bumper isnt hanging on the wire harness on the re-install.

You shouldnt have to play a guessing game where the relay goes. The generic installation directions tell you exactly where that specific relay goes. Ill have to give a epic fail for all install instructions. They seem as they are for actual Subaru tech's no written information ever, its always an line with a arrow.

Sport Grill\SPT CBE\K&N Drop In\10k HID kit\Cobb AP\Perrin Stg 1 Tuned Map

Last edited by red08WRX; 11-29-2008 at 09:28 PM. Reason: add a little more