Subaru WRX Forum banner

07 WRX rusted floorboards?? What the hell?

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  newtothegame 
#1 ·
Guys I was cleaning the carpets in my car today and noticed that the brackets for the bucket seats have a significant amount of rust on them.....looked further and the bracket for the trunk/gas cap release is rusted as well. There was no powdercoat/paint on that bracket at all and the coating on the seat brackets is just peeling off. Im pissed! This is an 07! Called the dealer and the service manager said to bring it in as it should be covered under the factory warranty. How are they gonna fix this if the floorboards are rusted? Will they actually weld new ones in? Anyone else have/had this problem? Car has 15k on it with only one winter! This is BS !Cry!

#3 ·
Yeah, that's what im guessing. I just cant believe I didn't see that the one bracket wasn't painted before I bought the car. I am anal about looking over cars before I buy them. I actually asked to be alone with the car for like 20 mins to look it over. Im anxious to see how the floorboards look when they pull the carpet back. I hope it's not too bad, but im not holding my breath. Im gonna make sure it's not fixed half-ass too...I know how "some" dealers operate, and I don't want the problem to return when the warranty is up.

#7 ·
their Indiana plant is a zero landfill plant. how many american car makers can say this?

from subaru of america.com:
Here's something to think about: next time you take out your trash at home for collection, you're sending more trash to landfills than the entire Subaru manufacturing plant in Lafayette, Indiana (SIA) does in a year. The Subaru plant was the first auto assembly plant to achieve zero landfill status - nothing from its manufacturing efforts goes into a landfill. It's all reused and recycled. Each year, SIA actively recycles 99.3% of excess/leftover steel, plastic, wood, paper, glass, and other materials. The remaining 0.7% is shipped to the city of Indianapolis and incinerated to help generate steam. In 2006, SIA recycled 11,411 tons of scrap steel, 1,537 tons of cardboard and paper, and 963 tons of wood. That's equal to conserving 31,040 mature trees, 31,572 cubic yards of landfill space, 711,631 gallons of oil, and 10,759,000 gallons of water.

But SIA is no stranger to being a trailblazer when it comes to being environmentally responsible.

In 1994, SIA was also the first auto assembly plant in the U.S. to be smoke free.
In 1998, SIA was the first auto assembly plant in the U.S. to be ISO 14001 Certified.
In 2002, SIA became the first auto assembly plant in the U.S. with an on-site solvent recovery system that produces dry still bottoms.
In 2003, SIA became the first U.S. automotive assembly plant to be designated a wildlife habitat. Deer, coyotes, beavers, blue herons, geese, and other animals live there in peaceful coexistence with the Subaru plant. It's our commitment to leave as small a footprint as possible, delivering real-world benefits that everyone can enjoy.
In 2004, SIA became the first U.S. manufacturing facility to reach zero landfill status.
In 2006, SIA was awarded the U.S. EPA's Gold Achievement Award as a top achiever in the agency's WasteWise program to reduce waste and improve recycling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.