07 WRX rusted floorboards?? What the hell? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-18-2009, 10:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

oldspower71 is an unknown
07 WRX rusted floorboards?? What the hell?

Guys I was cleaning the carpets in my car today and noticed that the brackets for the bucket seats have a significant amount of rust on them.....looked further and the bracket for the trunk/gas cap release is rusted as well. There was no powdercoat/paint on that bracket at all and the coating on the seat brackets is just peeling off. Im pissed! This is an 07! Called the dealer and the service manager said to bring it in as it should be covered under the factory warranty. How are they gonna fix this if the floorboards are rusted? Will they actually weld new ones in? Anyone else have/had this problem? Car has 15k on it with only one winter! This is BS !Cry!

Jason
2007 WRX sedan
Cobb Stage 2-protuned by P&L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-19-2009, 12:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

Black05WRX is an unknown
Someone got lazy at the dealer factory I have heard of this happen with other cars just not subaru's
#3 Old 03-19-2009, 05:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

oldspower71 is an unknown
Yeah, that's what im guessing. I just cant believe I didn't see that the one bracket wasn't painted before I bought the car. I am anal about looking over cars before I buy them. I actually asked to be alone with the car for like 20 mins to look it over. Im anxious to see how the floorboards look when they pull the carpet back. I hope it's not too bad, but im not holding my breath. Im gonna make sure it's not fixed half-ass too...I know how "some" dealers operate, and I don't want the problem to return when the warranty is up.

Jason
2007 WRX sedan
Cobb Stage 2-protuned by P&L
#4 Old 03-20-2009, 03:46 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Sounds like you were either an early monday morning car, or a late friday production car, lol. No but seriously, Im curious as to how they will "fix" this. Keep us updated man.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#5 Old 03-21-2009, 12:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

jwtarbaj is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to jwtarbaj
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Sounds like you were either an early monday morning car, or a late friday production car, lol. No but seriously, Im curious as to how they will "fix" this. Keep us updated man.
Except all WRX models are made in Japan. They don't typically have those kinds of issues.
#6 Old 03-21-2009, 11:59 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Parts made in Japan. My car was actually manufactured in Vancouver Wa, or so said the sticker on the window when I bought it.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#7 Old 03-22-2009, 10:46 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
their Indiana plant is a zero landfill plant. how many american car makers can say this?

from subaru of america.com:
Here's something to think about: next time you take out your trash at home for collection, you're sending more trash to landfills than the entire Subaru manufacturing plant in Lafayette, Indiana (SIA) does in a year. The Subaru plant was the first auto assembly plant to achieve zero landfill status - nothing from its manufacturing efforts goes into a landfill. It's all reused and recycled. Each year, SIA actively recycles 99.3% of excess/leftover steel, plastic, wood, paper, glass, and other materials. The remaining 0.7% is shipped to the city of Indianapolis and incinerated to help generate steam. In 2006, SIA recycled 11,411 tons of scrap steel, 1,537 tons of cardboard and paper, and 963 tons of wood. That's equal to conserving 31,040 mature trees, 31,572 cubic yards of landfill space, 711,631 gallons of oil, and 10,759,000 gallons of water.

But SIA is no stranger to being a trailblazer when it comes to being environmentally responsible.

In 1994, SIA was also the first auto assembly plant in the U.S. to be smoke free.
In 1998, SIA was the first auto assembly plant in the U.S. to be ISO 14001 Certified.
In 2002, SIA became the first auto assembly plant in the U.S. with an on-site solvent recovery system that produces dry still bottoms.
In 2003, SIA became the first U.S. automotive assembly plant to be designated a wildlife habitat. Deer, coyotes, beavers, blue herons, geese, and other animals live there in peaceful coexistence with the Subaru plant. It's our commitment to leave as small a footprint as possible, delivering real-world benefits that everyone can enjoy.
In 2004, SIA became the first U.S. manufacturing facility to reach zero landfill status.
In 2006, SIA was awarded the U.S. EPA's Gold Achievement Award as a top achiever in the agency's WasteWise program to reduce waste and improve recycling.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#8 Old 03-22-2009, 10:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

zmanoside is a helpful contributing member
^^^ All that and I go out and get full cattless TBE lol!!!

12.7 @ 109
#9 Old 03-22-2009, 12:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to VD5505 Send a message via MSN to VD5505
That is crazy that it is rusted already, have you pulled the carpet back at all to see how bad it is? what about under the body of the car how does that look?
#10 Old 03-22-2009, 08:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Parts made in Japan. My car was actually manufactured in Vancouver Wa, or so said the sticker on the window when I bought it.
Yeah it says final point of assembly. That is a way to get out of saying made in Japan. They send the car minus something like bumpers. THey put the bumpers on at the port so that makes it the "final point of assembly".
#11 Old 03-22-2009, 09:58 PM

Actually its more than just the bumpers, but Im not here to argue small things like that. Nagy put up some good info though.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#12 Old 03-22-2009, 10:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Actually its more than just the bumpers, but Im not here to argue small things like that. Nagy put up some good info though.
Yes I didn't say it was the bumpers just used it as an example. Trust me it is not enough to consider the car assembled in the US.
#13 Old 03-22-2009, 10:21 PM

I semi agree with you. Just means there is some lazy assembly worker doing the same thign day in and day out, doesnt mean something stupid cant happen.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"