Subaru WRX Forum banner

06 Rear debadging....

6K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  trouble0667 
#1 ·
Alright, So I took off the WRX and SUBARU emblems, and the impreza emblem as well. I did not even try to take of the emblem with the stars on it.....can it be removed, or is attached via holes or something...I'm not trying to F### with bondo, or paint. I was just wondering if anyone had looked, or had taken one of yet.......

#6 ·
my 02 is completely debadged and people always tell me it looks super clean and i like it i still gotta film the holes in my trunk from the removed spoiler unless someone out there has a silver trunklid with no spoiler and wants to trade :D

#21 ·
the one on the trunk, it is set in holes, I was wondering if there were other badges out there that would replace the one on the trunk....I do not have the time or patience to fill and paint the holes right now, I just want it to look different is all.

#22 ·
metroscub said:
the one on the trunk, it is set in holes, I was wondering if there were other badges out there that would replace the one on the trunk....I do not have the time or patience to fill and paint the holes right now, I just want it to look different is all.
Yeah, I don't think there are any replacements.

#23 ·
Well I installed my key popper and since my car was going into the body shop for some other work I just had him fill in the whole and shot the trunk lid. I think it only added 150-200 to my total.

And the Pic was taken at the body shop imediatly following the buff job. :)

thanks for the compliments.

#24 ·
o. a shop near me quoted 1200 to fill the holes from the stock spoiler and the paint wouldnt even match so at the moment my trunk has like 5 holes in it that are filled with aluminum tape cause i dont have 1200

#25 ·
Jave said:
Well I installed my key popper and since my car was going into the body shop for some other work I just had him fill in the whole and shot the trunk lid. I think it only added 150-200 to my total.

And the Pic was taken at the body shop imediatly following the buff job. :)

thanks for the compliments.
how did the fill the holes? i would think you would need to weld some type of metal plate behind the hole so that when you spread the bondo over the hole it just doesnt keep comming out the back...

#26 ·
kh15 said:
how did the fill the holes? i would think you would need to weld some type of metal plate behind the hole so that when you spread the bondo over the hole it just doesnt keep comming out the back...

You weld the hole up, no need to put a plate behind it as the slag weld will seal the hole. Bondo is only used as a fillter to bring all surfaces back up to the same height.

jt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.