Subaru WRX Forum banner

05 aftermarket tail lights???

12K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  brfatal 
#1 ·
Where do I find any non stock tail lights for an 05 wrx? I've hunted a bit and had a hard time finding anything other than the stock look besides just smoking them, which I did. They look a hit shoddily done though. Just ordered angel eye halos from spec-d and want something a bit less stock looking for the back too. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
Besides the expensive and hard-to-find Morette aftermarket tail lights for 04-07 models, I don't think any exist. You're pretty much going to be limited to stock 04-05 red tail lights, 06 grey tail lights, or 07 chrome tail lights. As you already know, you can customize them by completely or partially tinting them with red or black vinyl or paint. Some people have resorted to cutting the housings apart and painting or altering the insides, sometimes to include LEDs. The problem is that if you're not a perfectionist and you rush the job, they'll look crappy and you might get moisture inside the housings.

Attachments

#7 ·
Pictured: Morette tail lights.

All 2004-2007 Impreza/WRX/STi sedan tail lights are interchangeable. They're held on to the car by several bolts and should be plug and play. I swapped my 2007 tail lights for 04/05 tail lights and I don't remember having to do anything unusual during the install - just a couple of plastic wire harness clips and you're done.

You might want to advertise that you have a set of 04/05 tail lights and you're looking to swap for 2006 tail lights. The red 04/05 tails are really popular and I bet you could even get someone to throw you a few bucks on top of the trade. Check out NASIOC.com since they get much more traffic than we do on this forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.