04/05 wrx extra lighting? - Subaru WRX Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 10-01-2013, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

n8mcd is a helpful contributing member
04/05 wrx extra lighting?

Post pictures of your lighting situations for 04/05 wrxs please.

I'm looking to do some sort of extra lighting but I don't like big lights bars with the huge round lights... I want something a little more subtle to give a more agressive look... Stock fogs are tiny

Anyone have lights hidden behind their grill or maybe tucked back in the mouth of the bumper a little?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 10-01-2013, 03:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
It's been done.

Just remember that foglights are not intended for every day driving and can actually hurt your vision more than help it unless you're driving in weather that warrants it.
post #3 of 20 Old 10-01-2013, 03:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I've seen people run bug fogs fit for their blobs. Looks really good imo

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
post #4 of 20 Old 10-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
It's been done.

Just remember that foglights are not intended for every day driving and can actually hurt your vision more than help it unless you're driving in weather that warrants it.
I like this setup very much actually!! Nice find. Couldn't pull that look off with anything but the bug eye IMO though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
post #5 of 20 Old 10-01-2013, 08:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I'm digging the light setup on this one
Attached Images

turmic, n8mcd and Nathan21 like this.

John
07 WRX
post #6 of 20 Old 10-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Premium Member

arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
^that's pretty BA manshow

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
post #7 of 20 Old 10-01-2013, 08:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I think I saw some pics of a hawkeye on NASIOC with a Mustang grill with the big fog lights custom fit to the lower part of his bumper - I wonder if you might be able to do something similar on the 04/05 WRX?

John
07 WRX
post #8 of 20 Old 10-01-2013, 08:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

06_hawk_eye is an unknown
If I could post a picture of my set up I would but my phone isn't letting me at the moment. I love how it looks and lights up the road at night.

post #9 of 20 Old 10-01-2013, 08:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
I'm digging the light setup on this one
I was looking at the rally innovations bar before I made my own light bar. There just so expensive

post #10 of 20 Old 10-02-2013, 02:31 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

I like how the fogs are bigger on that blue sti, but I don't really care for the light bar and how massive the lights in the middle are... Also, people with light bars, do you use them at night on public roads? Do you have them on with your low beams? Or just for use at the track?

I feel like there's laws against having too many "headlights" on and that's why fogs are made to automatically shut off when high beams are on... High beams count as 2 lights per side or some shit and you can only have 4 forward lights on... Not that I really give a #### I have illegal hids, exhaust, and probably a million other illegal things on my car lol
post #11 of 20 Old 10-02-2013, 08:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8mcd View Post
I like how the fogs are bigger on that blue sti, but I don't really care for the light bar and how massive the lights in the middle are... Also, people with light bars, do you use them at night on public roads? Do you have them on with your low beams? Or just for use at the track?

I feel like there's laws against having too many "headlights" on and that's why fogs are made to automatically shut off when high beams are on... High beams count as 2 lights per side or some shit and you can only have 4 forward lights on... Not that I really give a #### I have illegal hids, exhaust, and probably a million other illegal things on my car lol
Your HIDs need to come off. Now.

And you can't use fog or driving lights with other traffic on the road. Again, you're doing it completely wrong. You need headlights, not more exterior lights.
post #12 of 20 Old 10-02-2013, 09:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Your HIDs need to come off. Now.

And you can't use fog or driving lights with other traffic on the road. Again, you're doing it completely wrong. You need headlights, not more exterior lights.
I've driven with my rally lights aimed at the ground passed many cops and never got stopped maybe I'm just lucky.

post #13 of 20 Old 10-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Premium Member

boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
I think I saw some pics of a hawkeye on NASIOC with a Mustang grill with the big fog lights custom fit to the lower part of his bumper - I wonder if you might be able to do something similar on the 04/05 WRX?
I would love to see that pic if you can find it again.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
post #14 of 20 Old 10-02-2013, 02:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_hawk_eye View Post
I've driven with my rally lights aimed at the ground passed many cops and never got stopped maybe I'm just lucky.

Again, you don't even want to. You're increasing foreground lighting at the expense of distance vision, which is what actually matters. You need to be able to see what's coming down the road, not what's 10-15 ft in front of the car.
post #15 of 20 Old 10-02-2013, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Again, you don't even want to. You're increasing foreground lighting at the expense of distance vision, which is what actually matters. You need to be able to see what's coming down the road, not what's 10-15 ft in front of the car.
This is very true, having fog lights on or lights aimed low your actually losing distAnce. I never really noticed until I was driving one night and I realized my fogs had been on for the last few nights, I hit the button and shut them off and boom, I could see much further.

If I'm gonna be adding any lights I want them to be aimed as high as my low beams...

I started this more or less to see peoples cool/ unique lights...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement