Subaru WRX Forum banner

04/05 STI Hood Scoop in!!!!

6K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  hi-power WRX 
#1 ·
Well i got my Charge Speed Kouki hood scoop in and it is MASSIVE!!!!
Any luck on the fabrication lilshoaf????
I'll post some pic's after lunch!

I also ordered the Greddy front lip, the side skirt add on's that you drill in, and a 3-piece rear lip! Im still debating on the eyelid's??? but as soon as I get these I'll post some pic's!!Thumbs Up

#2 · (Edited)
I know that thing is so big it's ridiculous.. As for the fabrication, I will be honest with you, I have devoted all my time and thought to getting my EMS figured out and setup that I haven't done anything with it.. I plan to do a layout this weekend if I can squeeze it in.. I am also doing some work making an adjustable jig setup for my buddy and myself to use with our routers.. I will post more info latter on that one...

#4 ·
03wrxwgn said:
Well i got my Charge Speed Kouki hood scoop in and it is MASSIVE!!!!
Any luck on the fabrication lilshoaf????
I'll post some pic's after lunch!

I also ordered the Greddy front lip, the side skirt add on's that you drill in, and a 3-piece rear lip! Im still debating on the eyelid's??? but as soon as I get these I'll post some pic's!!Thumbs Up

I'd definately like to see some pics. I'm considering getting one of these.
how was the install?

#8 ·
Sorry for the delay on the pic's! I thought my work computer had the slot for the memory card from my digital camera but it didnt so FOR SURE...today after lunch I'll post them!!!!:d

And Poser..I havent installed it yet..when I took the pic's I just placed it oveer the stock one!!! Yeah..thats how massive it is!!!!

#16 ·
Did you modify the splitter? If you didn't you might notice at higher speeds you might see some hood lift. Check the distance from the splitter to the new scoop. I have an 04 WRX with an STi scoop. There is about 3/4 of an inch diff. So alot of air passes over the splitter. I modified the splitter so it just touched the scoop. No more hood lift at highway speed. You also get more air going thru the Intercooler which means colder air charge = more power.....

Thanks

Oh yeah forgot to add I really like the black scoop on a white car.. Looks good...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.