03 WRX aux jack build - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-19-2011, 12:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

mr mello is an unknown
03 WRX aux jack build

So just a curious question, does anyone know of any points on the back of the head unit where i could wire in a standard 1/8th inch male or female connector and have it playable through the stereo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-19-2011, 12:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
The stock headunit does not in anyway support an Aux input

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#3 Old 11-19-2011, 12:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

mr mello is an unknown
well my tape deck is shot, so could i hypothetically find the tape feed and just tap into that so when i push the tape button, and it trys to read the tape feed my aux feed just goes in?
#4 Old 11-19-2011, 02:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Theoretically anything is possible, but for the amount of effort required to get that to work you are far better off buying an aftermarket head unit

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#5 Old 11-19-2011, 07:47 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I know my 07 stock headunit had an auxilary to it. I think it was an 06-07 thing. So if you can find some one swapping their stock unit, should be able to get it for cheap. I sold mine for like $50.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#6 Old 11-19-2011, 08:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

^ to make that work you'd need the 06-07 radio connector and would have to get a pin out diagram to wire it up and still wire in the aux port

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#7 Old 11-20-2011, 11:00 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by basco View Post
^ to make that work you'd need the 06-07 radio connector and would have to get a pin out diagram to wire it up and still wire in the aux port
And this right here Matt is why I dont mess with anything that has electricity running thru it, lol. Thanks for clearing that up.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#8 Old 11-27-2011, 02:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

Zaridar is an unknown
just get a FM transmitter.... they are like 10 bucks
#9 Old 11-27-2011, 11:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaridar View Post
just get a FM transmitter.... they are like 10 bucks
And suck. Just go with an aftermarket head unit that has an aux port or iPod hookup. I did the FM transmitter for a long time and it gets to be a real pain in the ass. The quality of the audio is so much better with a real AUX hookup and you don't have to keep changing the station when you are driving around and getting splashover from a radio station.

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
#10 Old 12-01-2011, 10:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

Zaridar is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjott21 View Post
And suck. Just go with an aftermarket head unit that has an aux port or iPod hookup. I did the FM transmitter for a long time and it gets to be a real pain in the ass. The quality of the audio is so much better with a real AUX hookup and you don't have to keep changing the station when you are driving around and getting splashover from a radio station.
his stereo is broken and he is trying to rig something up cheap im assuming... a new head unit is not.. unless you get a used one... FM transmitters work fine if you get a decent one.. you must have a ton of radio stations around you.. we only have about 10 that really come in where im at... or you drive decent distances... just giving my 2 cents
#11 Old 12-02-2011, 12:18 AM
WRXtuners Member

Kapt is an unknown
Maybe this is a dumb question, but why not put a new deck in that has the feature(s) you're looking for?
#12 Old 12-02-2011, 03:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

slomo is an unknown
You may be able to adapt a stereo cable to the connection for the antenna. I seem to remember seeing some one do that before.
#13 Old 12-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Get a satellite radio FM direct adapter. That's the one that plugs into your radio antenna port in the back of the radio. It's like a FM transmitter, but since it's directly plugged in, you don't get the static. Then you just tune your radio to whatever frequency it's set at - usually 90.1. You can then run the aux wire to your glove box or something. They run about $40-$50. Both XM and Sirius make one.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae