Subaru WRX Forum banner

02 bugeye

4K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  newtothegame 
#1 ·
What's goin on everyone? I have a 02 Subaru WRX sedan wrb.
I'm trying to get a wingless trunk. I was wondering the best way to go abou this?
I know it's hard to trade because everyone wants to go wingless, but there always is a rare occassion. So unless any of you would like to trade I want to know which is better: removing wing, weld holes and repaint or buy a new trunk completely? I know online a freshly painted wingless trunk is $400. So maybe I could sell my trunk for $100 to get it off quick. I was wondering if anyone knows houw much roughly it'd cost to weld holes and repaint? I know prices are different everywherre but I just need an estimate.

I'd rather not spend $400 on a trunk that won't give me any benefits and maybe even decrease downforce but I love the look.

Thank you

#19 ·
Thanks Randy. And thats absolutely right about where to check. Be surprised what you can find and some of the prices are great also. And you could be lucky enough to get it local to help save even more cash. Any particular piece you are looking for?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.