Wtf!!!!! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 02-10-2004, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Tyte WRX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Tyte WRX
Wtf!!!!!

ok got im my car the other day, start it up... runs like crap. I have somehow developed a really bad miss. My check engine light is flashing and the car stutters really bad when it is cold. WHen it gets warm it runs better. When I give it full throttle it runs perfect. took it to my local subaru dealer... they have no clue. They checked my compression my ign pack and a few other things. No problems found... so they sent my computer to NJ to get reflashed....still didn't help. Any idea's would be great help. All I have done to the car is aem cold air, greddy type s bov, APEXi 3" turbo back exhaust. I have had these parts since I got it 6 months ago and no problems... The only thing I can think of is back in october I had to get a new main engine wiring harness because a squirrell ate through my original one... then in december one of the ignition pack wires came undone because they never plugged it in all the way. They plugged it back in and sent me on my way. This was cylinder #2. Now the misfire is in ... yep you guessed it cylender#2 again. PLEASE HELP ME. the dealer told me to return my car to stock before they can try to fix it... any ideas would deffinately help. THanks Walt

The only thing I like more than my WRX is a dumb girl with big juggs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-10-2004, 01:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

AZ-Scoob is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to AZ-Scoob
if you can get the #2 coil pack out and pull the plug as well, look for signs of carbon tracking on the side of the plug and inside the coil boot. if there is signs that the coil is firing down the side of the plug this will cause the miss but could also run fine under W.O.T. due to the higher voltage at the coil under these conditions. if there is tracking evident replace both the plug and the boot on the coil pack. hopefully this info will help you out!

[I]"Winners never quit, quitters never win, those that never win or quit are idiots."[/I]
post #3 of 9 Old 02-17-2004, 11:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

Sphinx1 is an unknown
That AEM cai is not helping any either. Maybe every car is different, but my car ran like crap with that installed. Of course, it was removed. Very noticable.
post #4 of 9 Old 02-17-2004, 05:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

AZ-Scoob is an unknown
but that will likely cause a random or multi cyl. misfire (mine did) I promptly filed it away in the garage to be forgotten about! I am still interested in how the car has been fixed. update us Tyte!

[I]"Winners never quit, quitters never win, those that never win or quit are idiots."[/I]
post #5 of 9 Old 02-21-2004, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Tyte WRX is an unknown
I changed the coil pack and no difference. I am changing my plugs and injectors and fuel pump on monday maybe that will do the trick

post #6 of 9 Old 02-23-2004, 07:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

AZ-Scoob is an unknown
if you have a carbon tracked plug in the hole with the new coil pack it may already have tracked the new coil pack (I have seen this happen in a matter of minutes) keep us posted on your progress!

post #7 of 9 Old 02-25-2004, 02:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

AZ-Scoob is an unknown
if those Injectors need a home, let me know, gonna do some flow testing and need a spare set!

post #8 of 9 Old 03-20-2004, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Tyte WRX is an unknown
WOO HOO!!! I FIXED IT. It seems that I had a bad injector. oh well. now I am happy!! yeah! Thanks for all the ideas guys.

post #9 of 9 Old 03-22-2004, 08:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

AZ-Scoob is an unknown
just glad you fixed it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement