wrx trany probs - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-06-2004, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

evospanker is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to evospanker
wrx trany probs

ok on sat im picking up my new wrx and i herd they have a lot of trany prob why and is this true

My Lugnuts Require More Than Torque than your Honda Makes::.
.::Sex Should Be Like Driving A Honda: Slow, Obscene, And Loud Enough For The Neighbors To Hear::.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-06-2004, 09:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

BlueDemon is known to be trustworthy and helpful BlueDemon is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to BlueDemon
The WRXs transmission was never designed to take a large increase in Horse Power, nor was it designed to do 5,000+ RPM Clutch Dumps. With that in mind, the Tranny is not weak, it's just suited for what it was designed to do.

However, if you're looking to do High HP and or High Clutch Dumps, then yes, the stock tranny is weak. Why you ask? Go to www.rallispec.com and look at the different gearsets offered for sale. In some of them they show a comparison of the WRX gears v. those they are offering. You'll quickly see why they are weak compared to those built with abuse in mind.

Blue
post #3 of 5 Old 05-07-2004, 11:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

Sphinx1 is an unknown
Hey Blue, are you from that area where Rallispec is located?
I have bought the majority of my parts form them. They are good & intelligent people there. They did my turbo, inject., pump, ecu, etc.
I am looking to have them do my tranny next. Sti RA spec gears & a clutch. I also noticed that you have a red GFB. I have the same one, but blue.
Want to trade? I need to get a red one.
post #4 of 5 Old 05-09-2004, 07:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

BlueDemon is known to be trustworthy and helpful BlueDemon is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to BlueDemon
Quote:
Originally posted by Sphinx1
Hey Blue, are you from that area where Rallispec is located?
I have bought the majority of my parts form them. They are good & intelligent people there. They did my turbo, inject., pump, ecu, etc.
I am looking to have them do my tranny next. Sti RA spec gears & a clutch. I also noticed that you have a red GFB. I have the same one, but blue.
Want to trade? I need to get a red one.
No, I'm not from around there, I've just heard many GOOD things about them and they sell premium pieces of equipment for good prices. Not to mention, they are the direct supplier of Transmissions for alot of other on-line performance shops, so that hast to telll you something there.

I'd be down for trading my Red GFB BOV for your Blue. However, I've set mine up to run at 50/50. I suppose I could convert it back to 100% if needed, but It'd ###### be easier to just to send it to you as is. Let me know.

Blue
post #5 of 5 Old 05-10-2004, 11:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

Sphinx1 is an unknown
I have my GFB running 50/50 as well.
Do you have a number I could call you at? PM me.
Let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement