Subaru WRX Forum banner

Wrx fluttering idle/car stalls when not under throttle

10K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  tondelayo 
#1 ·
I'm sure this topic has been covered before so I apologize in advance for bringing it up.
I have a 2007 wrx 18000 miles I have all the mods listed on my profile but just recently when starting the car the rpms would shoot high around 2grand then down to about 400 and then find a balance around 1500. When I rev it up at all after I pull my foot off the pedal it shoots down to about 100 rpms and it sounds like its about to stall then it catches itself and goes back to 1500.
Once I'm on the road when I am coming to a stop in neutral or in gear the idle flutters anywhere between 2 grand to 300. Every once in awhile while I'm driving if I release the throttle the car will stall this isn't every time but close. Please help. Thank you

#6 ·
When, and if, you ever figure this problem out, please let me know. I've got the very same problem with my 06 STi, with 23,000 miles total. My mods should be on my profile, also. I have a pro tune on my accessport. About 2 months ago, it gave out completely. I had it towed to my Subaru dealer. They said it was the fuel pump, so I ordered a new Walbro. It ran great for about 2 weeks, and the code was back (?????) along with the up and down idle. It was still better than it was, but it wasn't right.

I went back last week to get a state inspection sticker, and I had the mechanic clean my throttle body up. It helped a little more, but it's still not perfect, like it was.

I've met women that weren't as frustrating as this problem has been for me to figure out ! Good Luck to ya, and if I hear anything, I'll pm you. Okey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.