Wiring problem!.. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-24-2010, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Kyole is an unknown
Wiring problem!..

i have an 02 wrx, no engine mods. Irecently had the fuel line recall preformed by a local dealer. After reciving the car, the CEL kicked on. p0031- front oxygen(a/f) sensor heater circuit low imput. The dealer refuses to fix this because there is "no way they could've done it." heres the kicker- i replace the front sensor and tried to clear the code with my scanner but its a hard fault and comes back immediatly. help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-25-2010, 12:25 AM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
I just replaced my front o2 for the same reason (P0031) a couple of months back, but had no problems clearing the code after changing it out. IIRC, the next course of diagnostic action is to check voltages, and resistances etc. I'd find a good shop to diagnose that because I have no patience for electrical stuff

BTW, I ignored the fuel line recall, since I've done so much work to my car, but it seems unlikely that would have anything to do with your code. I would think it just coincidence, however I don't trust most dealership grease monkeys either.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-25-2010, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Kyole is an unknown
Yeah i hate messing with the electrical stuff. but i figured they pinched a wire in the harness somewhere putting it back together, shorting it out. Im definately not taking my car back to them, but there are only two subaru dealerships anywhere close to me and theyre owned but the same guy. >