Weird rumble in steering wheel at highway speeds - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-14-2010, 08:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

03stg2wrx is an unknown
Weird rumble in steering wheel at highway speeds

Okay, ever since I wrecked my wrx over big curb last year, I got new tires, new lower control arms, and a new swaybar endlink on one side because it broke. I also balanced all my wheels and got the car aligned at sears. before I wrecked I could do 120mph and it barely felt like I was going that fast. now when I got 60 or above the steering wheel will rumble. around 65mph the steering will rumble, 4 second delay, then it will rumble again and continue that process. the faster I go the more it does it, I did 100mph and it was like i was driving over some extreme rumble strips. I also replaced all the break rotors and pads. now just driving at normal speeds any time i turn the steering wheel right at all it makes this light grinding alittle squeeling sound. could I have a bent front wheel bearing or something? Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-15-2010, 02:24 AM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Sounds like a wheel bearing to me. Please don't drive triple digit speeds on public roads, the life you save could be mine
#3 Old 06-15-2010, 11:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

03stg2wrx is an unknown
oh no man that was when I was on the autobahn in germany. wink wink lol, but thanks I wanna get a few more confirmations before I start tearing into the front end for those tricky bastards