Subaru WRX Forum banner

wastegate noise?

5K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  thekamikaze kid 
#1 ·
ok so i am getting this fart noise coming from my car after disabling the bov and some other adjustements. i was told it was the wastegate by both my local mech and subaru and that it was normal. i will soon be getting the stock bpv on and was also told by subaru that this would not fix the problem since they say its the wastegate. the noise comes on when the bov would normally vent. just wondering if anyone else has this.

#4 ·
my mech said "disabled" but it think that my hks bov has a feature that makes it recuirculate. which is what think he did. i believe he also he adjusted the wastegate saying that there was a problem where something was frozen. its just a temporary solution until i get the stock bpv this week. the car runs great amd the lag is fixed i just get this sound, and it sucks.

#5 ·
Disassemble the BOV?
Here's a good process used by another helpful member...
Step one- unbolt the BOV and remove
Step two- walk over to the trash can
Step three- put BOV in the garbage

Problem solved;)

Reactions: arewmors
#17 ·
yah he said something about there being a "frozen arm", which i think he meant the wastegate arm, but he said he loosened it. we drove it around with the bov being on which was bad because i was getting all sorts of lag when i hit the accelewrator. but when he "disabled it" it ran great, no lag. i am def getting the stocker on there as soon as i get the part and HOPEFULLY that solves the problem.

#21 ·
could be, the sound is exacttly like the second vid i linked to. the fact that i had the two things done at the same time threw me off. im still not sure. im gonna get the stocker back on and see, if not ill tell him to readjust the wastegate again. ill def let u guys know. if anyone has any suggestions let me know!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.