Wastegate CEL??? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 01-30-2005, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

sik04wrx is an unknown
Wastegate CEL???

sound familiar to anyone?? i was on the highway last nite in 4th gear and i got on it the car pulled for a little bit but out of the blue it like cut out then came right back it put the engine lite on i checked it at work and it said wastegate somthin any ideas??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-04-2005, 08:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

leewmlds is an unknown
i had the same problem. it was bad gas
post #3 of 12 Old 02-04-2005, 09:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
You know, that's becoming a more and more common problem. I've never had it, but I know three people locally who have. Subaru replaced the wastegate on two of them. Do you remember the actual CEL code #?
post #4 of 12 Old 02-04-2005, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

sik04wrx is an unknown
The exact code it gave me was P0244 Turbo Wastegate A SOL Range/Perf i have now clue what that means???
post #5 of 12 Old 02-05-2005, 01:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

uc6starz is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to uc6starz
The same thing happen to me but only if I set my boost controller to high. I have read in an article that the ECU will trip the fuel pump if the manifold pressure gets to high.
post #6 of 12 Old 02-07-2005, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

sik04wrx is an unknown
Another thing that i was thinking is the vacuum hoses that go to the wastegate 1 of them is supposed to have a resistor in it of some kind i removed my MBC and i dont know if i put the right hose back in could that set off the CEL?? Im gonna get the hoses from Subaru just to be safe anyways but i tried to get them...i guess they come in like a group that go around the wastegate but i CANNOT get them to send me the right part...so what im sayin is if anyone has had to order these hoses b4 do u remember the part # if u do it would save me ALOT of aggravation...THANKS!!
post #7 of 12 Old 02-21-2005, 10:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

hondaeater is more helpful than not
you've hit fuel cut because of too much boost. It cuts at the injectors, not the fuel pump.

no idea what the # is, sorry.
post #8 of 12 Old 02-24-2005, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

sik04wrx is an unknown
what would make it hit fuel cut i mean i dont have any boost control or anything all i have is a BOV and exhaust and thats it??
post #9 of 12 Old 02-25-2005, 08:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

if you removed that restrictor you're running too boost. You can even hit it WITH the restrictor. I've hit it, i have no BC's and off the shelf EM from cobb, vf34 map. It's easier to overboost your car in 4th and 5th, your turbo and engine will like you more if you give it smooth acceleration, not floor it and over boost.

maybe go to the dealer and point out the hose you want. It's only one host that has the pill in it, it's the hose from the "t" line to the compressor nipple.
post #10 of 12 Old 02-25-2005, 08:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
If you don't have the restrictor in the hose, you usually have the opposite problem - not enough boost. That restrictor keeps pressure from reaching the boost control solenoid, and makes it open later. Without that restrictor it opens pretty quickly. However, I guess if you had it in there backwards (on the wrong side of the T), it could cause overboosting.
post #11 of 12 Old 02-25-2005, 07:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

oh yea. no pill=wastegate boost, and if you flip the hoses it'll still be wastegate boost, ask me how I know.

You also could have tore one of the lines, allowing pressure to be released and not seen by the FBC.

The compressor hose could also be pinched shut. Examine the hoses, i bet you'll see which one is damaged.
post #12 of 12 Old 03-12-2005, 12:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

berg8992 is an unknown
I have had something similar happen. I had a boost control on and my engine cut out due to overboost. So I took the manual boost control off and now my car is only giving a max boost of 9 in all gears. Is this a wastegate problem? Will Subaru replace my wastegate even after I modified the boost amount?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement