Warning Lights- Please Help. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-09-2011, 08:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

r3dsgns is an unknown
Warning Lights- Please Help.

Anyone have any idea what is wrong with my car?

The check engine light is on, the cruise control light is blinking, and the slip indicator light is on too.

The lights came on at about 4pm.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-09-2011, 09:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Did ya hit boost cut? When all those come on it's usually because the car went into limp mode.

If you can, go to autozone or whatever and check what codes it's throwing, and if it's an overboost issue, just reset the ecu.

If you have an aftermarket downpipe and no tune, it can cause the overboost.

-Chris
#3 Old 01-09-2011, 09:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

r3dsgns is an unknown
My car is stock...Is it pretty common to hit a boost cut? If so, what causes it?

I'll try to get it checked out as soon as possible and then repost.

Thanks.
#4 Old 01-09-2011, 09:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
When your check engine light is on and your cruise control light is flashing, it means your car is in limp mode. Your ecu noticed something was wrong and it is now limiting the boost/power as a safety precaution to keep your car from damaging itself. It's a safety feature, more or less, and it often results from temporary overboosting when the weather gets cold. Do you have any mods? Take it to your local auto parts place (Pep Boys, Advance Auto, Napa, etc.) and see if they'll check your codes for free because many of them do. Write them down and report back here. Here's a list of what could be wrong: WRX Links / CEL Code List

Edit: Good job Chris, you beat me to it

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#5 Old 01-13-2011, 11:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

r3dsgns is an unknown
So I took the car to South Coast Subaru, close to where I live, and they found code P0852 (Neutral Safety Switch) had malfunction. They fixed it, and the lights turned off. 4 days go by and the same lights came back on. Did they really fixed it, or did they just reset it? What should I do?
#6 Old 01-14-2011, 05:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Get the code read again. Could be something else.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#7 Old 01-14-2011, 09:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Hmm, interesting - that code is not listed in the link I posted. Good find.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#8 Old 01-16-2011, 11:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

r3dsgns is an unknown
So, here is an update. I took it back and they determined that it was faulty, so I should have it replaced this week.
#9 Old 01-17-2011, 02:18 AM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
I'm very interested to hear about this issue. I didn't even know that a neutral safety switch could throw a code. I kind of doubt that put the car into limp mode, but want to hear what they diagnose and perform to get it straightened out for you. Thanks for the follow-ups
#10 Old 01-17-2011, 12:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
Neutral Safety Switch will throw a code and CC will not work because CC disengages when you pull the car out of gear without the clutch still too. I'm now just waiting until they switch the part again and it doesn't completely fix it. Since it's completely stock at least you have a warranty for the next 6000 miles.