Subaru WRX Forum banner

vf39 Boost Issues

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  robelia1 
#1 ·
So I've posted a couple threads so far because I'm running into an issue that could be a couple different things. Installed a vf39 turbo on my 06wrx with cobb ap2, large tmic, and walbro fuel pump. First a cel came on which resetting the ecu cleared, but the boost isnt hitting the right amount, it's only getting up to 11-12 psi and it should be at least at 16. A couple things i could think relate to this is the fact that there is a gasket missing between the intercooler and the wastegate/or bpv which ever you call it. Also we used the restrictor pill that the vf39 came with instead of drilling out the wrx one. Do you think either of these could be causing the lack of boost? Brining the car in to get protuned on friday, I'm sure they will be able to fix this problem right?

#3 · (Edited)
It's most likely a boost leak of some sort. There does need to be a gasket in between the BPV and TMIC. The shop you bring it to will most likely find the problem with a boost leak test.

In the mean time, you could check for a leak yourself by inspecting all vacuum hoses and all turbo connections. Also try drilling out the wrx one to COBB's spec.

#4 ·
Yea I flashed the car to cobbs vf39 93octane map and it's only hitting 11-12 psi, i ordered a gasket for the intercooler and am waiting to try that out, in the meantime i will check for any leaks, but the restrictor pill i left at my uncle's shop im not sure if he threw it out in the meantime.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.