Subaru WRX Forum banner

VDC problem

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Jdubbya10 
#1 ·
Hi, first off love the site. Have been stalking as a guest since i got my 2016 wrx limited in January. So straight to the topic. VDC will not turn off. The usual once press for trac. mode or hold for disable yields nothing. The lights all come on when the car is started i just cant get the button to do anything. Even tried disabling hill assist through it and that doesn't work either. I know for a fact it was working as recently as wednesday (nothing crazy i just drive with it in trac. mode during most daily commuting) Most threads i can find just go through when where and how to disable it but im not finding much on this specific problem. Dealer even scratched their heads when i gave them a phone call. No CEL or any kind of notification lights and the fuse looks good. Tire pressure is optimal and haven't messed with wheels or suspension. Only modification on the car is the axle back the previous owner put on it. Thank you for any and all help.

#2 ·
#4 ·
Hi guys thanks for the responses. Took it in yesterday and it was as simple as a faulty switch lol. Now whether or not that was caused by another underlying problem remains to be seen. They took a switch from a car on the lot and put it on and it worked. Switch ordered, good to go. Got to know the service manager and stuff like that so all in all a good trip. Once again thanks for the responses!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.