Vacuum lines and clutch ? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-30-2008, 02:23 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Vacuum lines and clutch ?

Almost done with the build. 4 little issues and my rebuild will be done.

1)
This is a peice of the vacuum assembly that bolts to the intercooler, then 90's over by the turbo coolant resevoir (this is the area you are looking at). Where does this nipple go?
(1st pic)

2)
This is a hose that comes off of the driver side motor assembly that opens the butterfly mechanism's in the intake, directly below the driver front corner of the intercooler. It is a terrible pic, sorry. Where does it go to?
(2nd pic)

3)
I depress my clutch and it stays there, the pedal doesn't come back up, but I can pull it up. My friedn thinks we missed some kind of spring assembly. Ideas?

4)
I need to re-tighten the oil filter assembly. I started the car and it blew my expensive pretty purple oil all over the floor past this seal. I just thought I'd share, obviously I can fix this one.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-30-2008, 02:34 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Chase wish I could be of more help, sorry to hear (but thanks for sharing) number 4. Good luck with everything.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #3 of 10 Old 07-30-2008, 05:33 PM
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
If #2 is what it looks like it connects to the nipple on the throttle body..

#3 Did you push on the top of the throw out fork towards the rear of the car to lock the throw out bearing into the clip. If you don't feel it "Click" into place see below.

sounds like you did a very common mistake that you are not going to like.. There is a clip on the throw out bearing, where did you put it on the reinstall? It should have been placed on the Clutch disk side of the Pressure Plate Fingers. This way the neck on the throw out bearing can get locked to the pressure plate fingers since our clutch setup is a Pull type..

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."
post #4 of 10 Old 07-30-2008, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
We did that. I think we missed the spring on the fork assembly that pulls the fork back.
post #5 of 10 Old 07-31-2008, 01:06 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
the answer to question 1 ... remember that other thread you started about the metal nipple, well the hose that attaches to the metal nipple splits into 2, one goes to the pcv valve under the throttle body, and the other end goes to the t junction buy the coolant reservoir.

As far as the clutch, you may just need to bleed it. you may have to psyically pull the pedal up from the floor with your hand during the bleeding process. it may take 5,6,12 times before you start to get a stiff pedal.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #6 of 10 Old 07-31-2008, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

So I should have some kind of y shaped hose? Connecting the metal nipple, the PVC valve, and the T nipple by the coolent, correct?

Underneath the throttle body there is a black plastic piece with a slanted black nipple (I mentioned in the other thread) and another larger nipple above it. The whole piece is about 3-5 inches. The larger nipple above the slanted one had a 90 degree elbow on it that looked like it lined up perfectly with the PVC valve, so that's where we put it. (I don't think I ever took off that 90 degree elbow from the upper nipple, so I thought it had been there since I took it apart.)

So when you say splits into 2, do you mean the plastic assemply with 2 nipples that I meant? Or is there a Y hose or something?

Then we connected the slanted nipple to the metal nipple on the block. That left the hose and the T nipple in the pics without mates though. So, Is this wrong?
post #7 of 10 Old 07-31-2008, 10:07 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
I'm confused now!!!...the plastic assembly with the 2 nipples is what i was talking in the mystery nipple thread. one nipple goes to the pcv and the other goes to the one pictured in this thread. so i guess i dont know where the mystery nipple goes.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #8 of 10 Old 08-01-2008, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

K, I'll try and piece it together. Thanks for the help.

Vacuum line diagram links anyone? I downloaded all the tech manuals from a link on this site, but can't find them now.
post #9 of 10 Old 08-02-2008, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

No one knows where they are?
post #10 of 10 Old 08-03-2008, 08:55 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Impreza Manuals | ken-gilbert.com

I don't know how much they will help because I think you vaccuum lines have been modified from the stock setup.Probably due to installing a turbo inlet or catchcan.Take a bigger picture(zoom out) of the engine/vaccum lines.You to close up to tell in the picture where things are going.I would try bleeding the clutch as well or if you did you have not pumped it up enough.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement