Uneven Ride Height 04 wrx - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-03-2010, 05:28 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

soobnation is an unknown
Uneven Ride Height 04 wrx

2004 wrx sedan bone stock 70k miles, babied, Calif. car

I backed the passenger rear wheel into a curb at about 2-5 mph while parallel parking about 1 week before I noticed the problem. The passenger rear fender is about 1 inch from the top of the tire and while the driver's side front fender is about 3" from the top of the tire. The passenger front fender is also very high above the top of the tire and the driver's side rear is pretty low too.

So basically the rear of the car is sagging and the front is raised. When I drive around 25mph the car is noticeably wobbly, the steering is very heavy, and the normal acceleration in 3rd gear is all messed up.

I looked at the suspension geometry in the rear and it looks like one of the arms may be bent so the rear of the right tire is more towards the inside of the car. The suspension is also very loose so perhaps its a strut or shock out. but what could make my ride height so low in the rear and the front so high?? (aside from the dead bodies in the trunk)

the car has 0 mods and is bone stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-03-2010, 10:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Everything you've mentioned points to a blown strut. Check for oil around the rear struts.

Sagging+bouncy+hitting curb=probably blown strut

-Chris
post #3 of 3 Old 03-09-2010, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

soobnation is an unknown
until i get it looked at the stealer (dealer), im pretty sure its the rear strut. awful ride over bumps, front raises and dips on acceleration/deceleration.

I found a write-up on how to replace the struts, but I lost the bookmark. Would someone please link to a write-up or step-by-step on how to replace the rear struts.

thanks, much appreciated