Subaru WRX Forum banner

Unable to Pump gas-Evap code-HELP!!!

9K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Hakmed711 
#1 ·
For the past few months I have not been able to pump gas normally in my car, When I insert the nozzle into my tank and start pumping, the gas pump will automatically stop after about 1 gallon of gas, as if the tank was filled......I have to literally hold the nozzle at the tip of my tank and pump the gas at the slowest speed......... needless to say it takes me about 10 mins to fill up. In addition to this I intermittantly get a CEL for an EVAP code, I have changed the gas cap and the CEL has gone for now......

Some people have said there may be air in the tank
others say a hose leading to my gas tank could be loose or off....
Evap canister may be bad or my roll over valve....
:confused:

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 ·
The gas cap only effects the P0457 which is a small leak.There is a one way valve that is in the charcoal box that is to supposed to purge when pressure builds up in the tank.It might be gunked up.Search P0444 on NAISIOC as I recently saw some threads with diagrams/pictures and solutions to fix it.

#6 ·
get under that car and look to see if the fill tube leading from the gas neck to the tank is in some type of pinch if it it get a new filler neck hose or try and fix the one you have, over time those can collapse and pinch itself off try that and also look at the charcoal canister and examine that as well

#7 ·
I read alot of posts about removing the EVAP system and from what I understand if the 2 hoses that go to the EVAP canister located under the rear on the right behind the bumper the gas will not fill properly. Check to make sure the nipple that the hose goes to is not cracked and the hoses are not pinched. Also try pulling them off and try filling it..!Thumbs Up

#9 ·
The problem went a way for a good while, however it came back recently and now the car drinks gas and hesitates a bit. I spoke with my Tuner and he has advised that he can delete the code which should eliminate the hesitation and gas milage issue. Until then I have to stay out of boost........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.