unable to disarm alarm - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-30-2012, 05:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

slvr04wrx is an unknown
unable to disarm alarm

After using my keyless entry to open unlock the car the lights will flash, the car will beep, and the doors will unlock however when i open the door the alarm will immediately go off. I'll continue to hit the unlock/ disarm button on the keyless entry with no effect. The security light will continue to flash as i'm stuck continuously hitting the unlock disarm button. Normally the alarm will stop after i hit the button however the light will continue flashing and the alarm will come on again roughly a minute later. This whole issue will go on for anywhere from a minute up to 45 minutes. I've reset the keyless entry numerous times and nothing seems to help. The car is an 04 Wrx equipped with the alpine system and I'm trying to figure out if this is a known issue or some sort of fluke with my car. Any ideas or suggestion please help i can't take this alarm anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-31-2012, 06:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Unplug the brain's power and take it to where it was installed. Most of those alarms have a lifetime warranty on installation.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#3 Old 01-31-2012, 08:33 AM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Is it an aftermarket alarm system? I know Alpine makes a few security systems, but quite rare, at least from what I've seen out there. If this is the case, it sounds like the aftermarket system is doing its job correctly by unlocking the doors, but the factory Subaru system is still causing the vehicle trigger. In this case, you'd need to unplug the factory security brain and just use your aftermarket system. It's located under the console by the ebrake. Be sure the car isn't immobilized before unplugging it.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#4 Old 01-31-2012, 02:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

slvr04wrx is an unknown
As of right now the only alarm on there is the one that came on the car from factory. The car has been working fine up until 3 months ago and now the alarm keeps going off more and more as time goes on.
#5 Old 01-31-2012, 02:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Faulty alarm? It would probably suck...but the people that would know how to fix it would be the dealership. I would hope and that they wouldn't charge a arm and a leg to dianosis it. Otherwise I'd see if a local alarm installer can take a look at it for you.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#6 Old 01-31-2012, 02:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

slvr04wrx is an unknown
The other problem with just unhooking my alarm and just not using it is that i spend a couple days a week down at my girlfriends apartment at temple aka North Philadelphia. I'd really prefer not to leave the car unarmed out on the streets.
#7 Old 01-31-2012, 02:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

slvr04wrx is an unknown
I've tried the dealership and they have no clue what I'm talking about and basically told me id be a $100.00 gamble for them to look.
#8 Old 01-31-2012, 02:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

slvr04wrx is an unknown
I'm just having a hard time believing my Subaru is the only one with this issue.
#9 Old 02-01-2012, 05:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Have you checked nasioc?

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3