umm...... I realy don't know - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 27 Old 05-01-2009, 09:24 AM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
good, hope it works.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 Old 05-08-2009, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Danielson is an unknown
Ok so I kinda traced all this S%$T Back to When I did my Oil Change I went with Royal Purple Engine Oil 5w30 and ever since then This S%#t Started happening and heres anoob Question what type of oil does my Turbo WRX Take? I also Found in Spring Grove a Import Repair Shop and I planing on taking my Subie there to seeif the can fined the problum oh yeah and I ask carmax if i could take to a subaru dealer have them look at it and if they fined it would carmax cover it and the dude didn't know what I was talking about so what do ya think about my plan? or

2005 WRX
Borla XR-1 CBE Best Purchase so far

"Wax on wax off"
post #18 of 27 Old 05-08-2009, 02:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
Royal purple 5w30 should be fine, it is one of the best to go with.

Try talking to someone more competent in the carmax dealership.

Or just bite the bullet and take it to the subie dealership or a favored mechanic and have them take a look at it at your expense.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
post #19 of 27 Old 05-08-2009, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Danielson is an unknown
also I did put sea foam into the crankcase after i did my oil change could that be the problum? some guys on dirtyimpreza.com said it the worst thing you can do with your car! im not sure???

2005 WRX

"Wax on wax off"
post #20 of 27 Old 05-08-2009, 02:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful 03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via MSN to 03 CrazyTaxi Send a message via Yahoo to 03 CrazyTaxi
That probably wasn't the best idea but I doubt it is the worst thing you could do.

VF34'd Corvette Killer aka Doug
post #21 of 27 Old 05-08-2009, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Danielson is an unknown
Do u think its what is making the noise also now when i put it in gear like 1st or R and slowly let the clutch out the noise gets louder and starts to tic as soon as i push the clutch in in get quite I think Im gonna take it to a subaru dealer and have them check it out!!Cry!

2005 WRX

"Wax on wax off"
post #22 of 27 Old 05-13-2009, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Danielson is an unknown
Update so I started my auto class last night and talked to the teacher who owns his own auto shop! I asked him if he would help me with the noise he said sure and we foundout I have a Aftermarket Clutch in my car and that could be the noise if the guy who installed it didn't do it right or it could be that I didn't buy a subaru Oil filter i bought a napa gold filter or it could be a plastic plate in between the Engine and Trans but if the clutch is aftermarket carmax should change it for warrenty because they say in they're paper work they remove all aftermarket parts before putting it on the lot to sell it! That way the customer is getting a stock car! But so far I've found a turboXS type H BOV and a aftermarket Clutch on my Subie ! Any thoughts guys?

2005 WRX

"Wax on wax off"
post #23 of 27 Old 05-13-2009, 09:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful 03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Makes sense now. It might be a lightweight flywheel chattering.

post #24 of 27 Old 05-20-2009, 09:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
My brother works for Carmax. . . Not every part on the car has to be stock, but it does have to function. They don't take the engine and transmission apart to check the clutch. You're not likely to get them to change it out for you for free, as it's a wearing part and lots of people use different brand parts as replacements for "wearing parts". They strive to make it as close to stock as possible. Not 100% stock. That's like having different tires on the car, they have to be functional tires, but not the same as factory original. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but I wouldn't expect Carmax to replace it for you and I wouldn't pay them to either as they cost as much as the dealer would and you don't always have a Subaru certified technician to work on your car. . . not that a clutch is all that difficult, though. Sorry about the sound, that's no fun. Be sure to let us know how it works out for you.
post #25 of 27 Old 05-26-2009, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Danielson is an unknown
Thanks for the heads up Hondafan that info helped me decide what to say to carmax but of coarse again they could not mimic the sound or feel that i told them about and they said that its normal so im looking for a subaru dealer to take it too so that subaru can look at it! I hope they can find it.

thanks for the help everyone

2005 WRX

"Wax on wax off"
post #26 of 27 Old 05-26-2009, 06:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C89ZX7R View Post
After Maf hose won't effect maf readings
According to the logs I've seen and both of the tuners I've used, it does depending on what after MAF hose.

post #27 of 27 Old 09-22-2009, 07:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Not to revive a dead post but it sounds somewhat like a loose bolt on the flywheel... If it's a tick tick tick tick and gets quicker as you rev it could very well be that... Let off on the clutch, then there is no more contact and it won't make the sound. I'm sure you have whatever it was fixed by now but I'm curious as to what it was.

-Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement