TurboXS RFL Boost Loss? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-27-2004, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

scooby24 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to scooby24
TurboXS RFL Boost Loss?

Hey has anyone had any problems with the TurboXS RFL or Type H having any sort of boost leak problems? I recently installed it and I notice in first, second, and third gear, boost shoots up around 14 lbs and then bounces off and drops to more like 10 lbs. Does anyone know why this would be? However, in 4th and 5th, it will hold around 14... I noticed that the new BOV doesn't have NEARLY the spring tension that the stock bypass valve has and I'm wondering that maybe it's partially opening on full boost and leaking. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

FYI: I have the RFL setup with three of the included washers for the medium spring tension that is offers. Sounds GREAT but I wonder if it's enough...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-27-2004, 10:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Tut4u2
Sounds normal that your boost spikes then goes back down; it's also normal that you are getting the most boost in 5th. It shouldnt drop as low as 10 though.

Che
post #3 of 3 Old 02-28-2004, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

scooby24 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to scooby24
Well I'm kinda guessing that it drops to 10...I'm going off the stock boost guage. It goes from about .09 mPa and drops down to about .07 somewhere around there. I was talking to another wrx owner last night and he said his did the same thing....kinda weird but oh well. The whole feeling of power loss I think is just me getting used to how fast the car is. I guess it's time to start doing heavy mods and get that "HOLY S**T" feeling in the seat of my pants again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement