turbo spool not feeling so smooth - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-23-2008, 07:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrxshotta is on thin ice
turbo spool not feeling so smooth

Well im still on the TD04 for now but the turbo feels no where as smooth as my previous rex's..im curious to know if those that oil screen filter behind the turbo could be the cause? i have 60k miles and have no clue if it was ever changed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-23-2008, 11:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Could be, but you just bought this thing used shortly before flight school. Correct? So, have you given it a once over? Changed all of the fluids in the engine? Does it have any mods other than the external mods viewable in your picture? Please, give us some more details to better serve you.
#3 Old 09-23-2008, 12:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxshotta is on thin ice
right now it has a BOV and a TBE and an intake, im taking off the bov and the intake once i find a stock one to put on but i doubt these are related and yea i did do a one off..spent this weekend changing all fluids..but ive noticed this since the day i first test drove the car...also im gonna have it pro tuned when my BCS comes in..i know the TBE can affect it as well..but i have a 3 inch down pipe which midway underneath the car opens up to be a dump tube with a butterly valve that connects to the stock cat back so i can switch back and forth and in both stages, still feels the same way.
#4 Old 09-23-2008, 12:40 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Im sure once you get the tune it will be fixed. I know the power deliver on my 07 (before my AP) was horrible to be honest. A Stage 1 map with 91 oct via my AP was oh so much better afterwards.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#5 Old 09-23-2008, 07:01 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxshotta View Post
right now it has a BOV and a TBE and an intake, im taking off the bov and the intake
And how would they not be related to your problems?Both those parts are absolutley the biggest causes of problems.This is common knowledge on EVERY Subaru site.And only the 2.5L turbo models with AVCS had the oil screens.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#6 Old 09-23-2008, 08:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
True, i keep forgetting it's only 2.5L turbo models that have the screens. I don't know why.
#7 Old 09-24-2008, 07:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrxshotta is on thin ice
i thought that from 2005 and up subaru took them out...yeah i know about the avcs..but what about the oil feed line one
#8 Old 09-25-2008, 11:13 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxshotta View Post
i thought that from 2005 and up subaru took them out...yeah i know about the avcs..but what about the oil feed line one
None of those screens has anything to do with the 2.0L.Use the search button and you might find the actual TSB on the problem.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!