Turbo smoke... - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 02-17-2014, 10:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
thread locked for sore buttholes

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 02-18-2014, 06:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

Bubba James is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Bubba...how about you become an actual member and everyone else stop getting all butt hurt. Until then...this thread is ending up as the meme below.
I am a member, Brocho Cinco. It shows me as a guest for some reason. Someone brought it up to the Admin, I'm pretty sure.
#18 Old 02-18-2014, 11:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

Epictofer is an unknown
All i asked for were suggestions on a building company. i am a service advisor for a toyota/ford dealer. If i ever told my customer driving like an idiot is what messed up his car, i would be fired on the spot. I didnt ask anyone to tell me why, or how. i asked for places to call to get the turbo rebuilt. needless to say i will not post here again with any questions. way to represent yourselfs as a open and tolerant forumn guys.
have a nice day
#19 Old 02-18-2014, 06:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictofer View Post
All i asked for were suggestions on a building company. i am a service advisor for a toyota/ford dealer. If i ever told my customer driving like an idiot is what messed up his car, i would be fired on the spot. I didnt ask anyone to tell me why, or how. i asked for places to call to get the turbo rebuilt. needless to say i will not post here again with any questions. way to represent yourselfs as a open and tolerant forumn guys.
have a nice day
You were told to try and contact Blouch Turbo. If they even work on VF turbos...VF turbos have just started to be repaired. So, it's kind of a hard question to get correct.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#20 Old 02-18-2014, 06:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

06_hawk_eye is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictofer View Post
have a nice day
If you think busting your balls a little Is being to rough you obviously never posted on nasioc. So how did you blow your turbos?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
#21 Old 02-18-2014, 06:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

Epictofer is an unknown
I emailed and called blouch, and go no response. 6starspeed emailed me back and was very helpful. After talking to them, i dont think the turbo is blown. I may have a worse problem. Could be rings but it doesnt smoke all the time. i havent had a chance to do a compression test yet. As for how i did it, i was at the track and i pushed it to hard. it was the first time since the tune and exhaust were done and i was doing some data logging and on the 3rd run is when i think it happened. I was planning on building the bottom end of the motor but not so soon.

and i dont post on nasioc because of all the bull shit you have to sort through to get a legit answer. which is why i posted here.
#22 Old 02-18-2014, 06:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Actually....I'll correct my own statement. I know for a fact that Blouch works with IHI twin scrolls a lot and they modify them. So, I'd guess they should be able work with single scroll. Did you try to call Mike Blouch? They've been closed for some of the recent snow storms....but, I'd think they'd get back to you if you called them.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#23 Old 02-18-2014, 06:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Hey hawkeye, don't you know somebody that works in the garage at Toyota? FOL

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#24 Old 02-18-2014, 06:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

06_hawk_eye is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE2099 View Post
Hey hawkeye, don't you know somebody that works in the garage at Toyota? FOL
Yeah that would be yours truly lol. 7-430 everyday and alternating Saturday and Monday haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
BLAZE2099 likes this.
#25 Old 03-28-2014, 02:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

Epictofer is an unknown
I was having some smoke from my exhaust and low boost. I assumed turbo was bad. turns out my wastegate was acting stupid. I removed the negative bat cable and held down the brake pedal for about a minute. turned the key to the on position and let it sit for about 1 minute then cranked it up. Before the turbo would not build boost past 1 or 2 psi under regular load, and no more than 11 or 12 under heavy throttle. I reset the pcm my removing the neg cable and holding the brake down and that fixed it. There is less smoke coming from the exhaust now, im going to attribute that to pcv system blow by from me driving spiritedly. I have no idea what caused it to do this, but it seems to have been the issue. well see on the ride home from work tonight!

hooray~!