Turbo smoke... - Subaru WRX Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 02-16-2014, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Turbo smoke...

So ive got oil in my intercooler and a little bit of smoke at start up. Im confident its because of the oil seal in the turbo. I pulled the inter cooler and there is a fair amount of oil in there. So i have sent out a bunch of email and made a few phone calls to some tubro building places i found online and i havent heard back. Im not looking for power i just want my stock turbo rebuilt with stronger internals and seals. and probably ported and polished to make it a little more efficient, maybe ceramic coating as well. I have a 2013 wrx. 3in perrin catted DP and perrin cat back exhaust. Cobb SF intake and perrin oversized turbo inlet tube. i have the torqued performance stage 2 generic map they have out, but i plan on getting a real tune after the turbo is fixed. i dont want to do a whole lot more than where im at. im running low 13's as is and im happy with that for now. So my question is does anyone know a good rebuild company? i have the option of a warranty replacement of the turbo but i broke it once ill probably brake it again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 02-16-2014, 02:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

06_hawk_eye is an unknown
Blouch turbo. Or 6starperformance I think is the name.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #3 of 25 Old 02-16-2014, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
I have tried calling both places and left messages, and gotten no response. I email blouch this morning but as its sunday they may not get to it till monday. 6star i called multiple times and the link on their web page to send them an email is either broken or turned off. i would have like to use either of those two places.
E: i tried calling them thrusday and friday leaving messages at both places on both days...
post #4 of 25 Old 02-16-2014, 03:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

Find blouch on Facebook and bug them there and just keep calling. That's what I had to do .

post #5 of 25 Old 02-17-2014, 12:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
How the eff do you blow a 2013 turbo so quickly?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
arewmors and Sub14WRX like this.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #6 of 25 Old 02-17-2014, 06:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

NeverSummer is more helpful than not
Turbo smoke...

Two reasons you blow a 2013 turbo. One....erics tunes at TP have fell off in the past few years
Two....driving the car like an idiot

arewmors likes this.
post #7 of 25 Old 02-17-2014, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Well i dont need you to tell me my driving habits are what caused the damage to the car. I know that they are. i also dont need your comment about it either. After emailing back and forth with the guys at 6starspeed im going to check a few more things and dedcide what to do from there. This is my first turbo car, and i dont think the turbo is bad after talking with them. i posted here for helpfull suggestions not dick posts about how i drive MY car. Ill do what the hell i want with it and who are you to critisize me for it?
post #8 of 25 Old 02-17-2014, 10:24 AM
WRXtuners Member

NeverSummer is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictofer View Post
Well i dont need you to tell me my driving habits are what caused the damage to the car. I know that they are. i also dont need your comment about it either. After emailing back and forth with the guys at 6starspeed im going to check a few more things and dedcide what to do from there. This is my first turbo car, and i dont think the turbo is bad after talking with them. i posted here for helpfull suggestions not dick posts about how i drive MY car. Ill do what the hell i want with it and who are you to critisize me for it?

I wasn't trying to insult you. Just stating the obvious.

post #9 of 25 Old 02-17-2014, 11:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictofer View Post
You're going to get real far in here! You don't need to act like we are attacking you.

They were trying to make heads or tails is all. Warranty going to assist with anything?

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #10 of 25 Old 02-17-2014, 11:48 AM
WRXtuners Member

Bubba James is an unknown
[QUOTE=NeverSummer;435450]I wasn't trying to insult you. Just stating the obvious.

Lol. That's exactly what you did, though. Cut the dude some slack. Humbled himself enough to seek help on a turbo. -not a driving critique there, coach. But in all fairness, it's the internet and one should not obtain butthurt status over being called names on a public forum. Such is the life! One love, you filthy animals.
Epictofer likes this.
post #11 of 25 Old 02-17-2014, 11:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

[quote=Bubba James;435466]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverSummer View Post

Lol. That's exactly what you did, though. Cut the dude some slack. Humbled himself enough to seek help on a turbo. -not a driving critique there, coach. But in all fairness, it's the internet and one should not obtain butthurt status over being called names on a public forum. Such is the life! One love, you filthy animals.
Shesh!!!

post #12 of 25 Old 02-17-2014, 12:03 PM
Premium Member

arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
[quote=Bubba James;435466]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverSummer View Post

All that was said were facts of the possibilities of how a turbo could be blown on such a new car. Not directing it to anyone person. It was a general statement. We're all here to learn and help. I don't know why things need to be taken so personally. You also admitted to running low 13s aka racing so that doesn't help your argument.

Thought: If you took your car to the dealer to have it warrantied and they told you that it could have only happened because you abused the car would you go nuts on them? No one is saying that you did abuse your car, they are saying that is what it would take to do that sort of damage, possibly
06_hawk_eye and the RIOT act like this.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
post #13 of 25 Old 02-17-2014, 12:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

Bubba James is an unknown
[quote=arewmors;435482]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba James View Post

All that was said were facts of the possibilities of how a turbo could be blown on such a new car. Not directing it to anyone person. It was a general statement. We're all here to learn and help. I don't know why things need to be taken so personally.

Thought: If you took your car to the dealer to have it warrantied and they told you that it could have only happened because you abused the car would you go nuts on them? No one is saying that you did abuse your car, they are saying that is what it would take to do that sort of damage.
I'm suing you for libel!!! Lol. I was just trying to lighten the mood, man. Abused and being told youre driving your car like an idiot are two very diff things. A dealer telling me such things wouldn't be a dealer for long and would have a size 12 to dislodge from his pretentious butthole. It's just a very abrasive way to talk to someone. But hey, it IS right, haha.

-Devil's advocate
Epictofer likes this.
post #14 of 25 Old 02-17-2014, 12:28 PM
Premium Member

arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
All I'm gonna say is,
Bubba James1 likes this.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
post #15 of 25 Old 02-17-2014, 09:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Bubba...how about you become an actual member and everyone else stop getting all butt hurt. Until then...this thread is ending up as the meme below.
Attached Images

06_hawk_eye and arewmors like this.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae