Tumbler valves both stuck open? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-17-2011, 01:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

Zaridar is an unknown
Tumbler valves both stuck open?

I started my car this morning.. it was cold it took a bit longer to start than normal. the CEL came on. I checked it at work P1090 P1092 and P1095 Tumbler valve stuck open and high current or something. both sides though simultaneously. then i checked my battery cuase it started hard.. .good checked my alt bad.... so i am getting a new alt. Im not sure if this momentary time while trying to start or shortly after with the alt not working right may have causes this? anyone have this happen before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-17-2011, 02:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

cwinterbower is more helpful than not
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaridar View Post
I started my car this morning.. it was cold it took a bit longer to start than normal. the CEL came on. I checked it at work P1090 P1092 and P1095 Tumbler valve stuck open and high current or something. both sides though simultaneously. then i checked my battery cuase it started hard.. .good checked my alt bad.... so i am getting a new alt. Im not sure if this momentary time while trying to start or shortly after with the alt not working right may have causes this? anyone have this happen before?
I have actually had this exact thing happen before on my 09, not sure what the deal was. But I jumped it let it charge cleared the CEL and never saw it again.
#3 Old 11-17-2011, 02:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I have seen the TGV motors take a dump over time. Check those.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#4 Old 11-17-2011, 05:09 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Deal with the alternator (which it looks like you are doing) first. A charging issue can cause all sorts of erroneous CELs. Don't start chasing any other possible issues until your voltage is solid.

Cullen
#5 Old 11-17-2011, 10:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

Zaridar is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonracer View Post
Deal with the alternator (which it looks like you are doing) first. A charging issue can cause all sorts of erroneous CELs. Don't start chasing any other possible issues until your voltage is solid.
This was my plan.. I hope it was as you say just erroneous CEL. Thanks