TPMS (TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SENCOR ) How do you reset it ? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-10-2008, 09:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

REDCHARGE is an unknown
TPMS (TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SENCOR ) How do you reset it ?

So I got a flat , and now I need to reset the "TPMS" on a 2008 wrx , ...........Does anyone know how to do this?.........I tried using my obd2 scanner but it not a actual code . Is it something as simple as umplugging the battery ?........or will it sence the tire is ok in time? any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-10-2008, 09:40 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
Is the sensor in the valve stem or in the hub? I 'm not sure on the Subaru's, but most of the TPMS sensors reset after a few drive cycles. the tire shop you took the tire too didn't know how to do it? call the dealer, they should know.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#3 Old 06-10-2008, 10:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
it should also be in your owner's manual

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
#4 Old 06-10-2008, 11:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

REDCHARGE is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by baller_v24 View Post
it should also be in your owner's manual
Well its mounted in the the valve stem , I have the spare on for now..........we'll see if the drive cycle theory works, the car manual says see the dealer........The place mounting the tire has no clue because its so new ......I'm guessing it will reset itself , I'm also guessing you dont need to reset it unless a sencor is bad or a malfuction is in the system , I will keep you posted........
#5 Old 06-10-2008, 02:49 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
well, if you have the spare on the light wont go off until you get the one with the tps sensor fixed. I dont think the spare has a sensor in the wheel. its pretty easy to break the sensors when you dismount the tire, so get it fixed at a place that knows how too do it.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#6 Old 06-13-2008, 11:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

REDCHARGE is an unknown
ok ,

So I put the new tire and rim back on the car with the orignal sencor that is attached to the the valve stem and the tpms recognized the tire pressure being correct and shut the dash light off .

The only reason why you would have to go to the dealer is if you destroy the sencor and need a new one. When you destroy it , the new sencor needs to be synced up to the computer system using a flashing tool that subaru has or you can buy a aftermarket on and do it yourself .
#7 Old 11-24-2008, 10:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

red08WRX is an unknown
I just ran into this problem myself. Realizing that the sensor is mounted directly below the valvestem. Well I swapped out my wheels the other day Im going to either get use to the fact having a light on or have my wheels dismounted and remounted with the sensor. Personally im pretty good about checking my tire pressure myself. The system is a good idea if you never check your tires. Im going to find out if the dealership can bypass the system by simply pulling a fuse. I will choose to do this if feasable. I have a appt to have the recent recall notice looked into.

Sport Grill\SPT CBE\K&N Drop In\10k HID kit\Cobb AP\Perrin Stg 1 Tuned Map