too much boost with perrin stage 2 map? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-07-2011, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

bearaluno is an unknown
too much boost with perrin stage 2 map?

new to site and new to turbo engines. i have a 2010 wrx with uppipe, downpipe, catback, stage 2 perrin map. i plugged in my accessport and recorded engine data, i made 17.6 pounds of boost at about 3400 rpms which taperd down to 13.1 at about 5200 rps, i dont know how much boost my stock turbo can handle and if this is too much boost for it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-07-2011, 02:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
That sounds right for Perrin's map, actually. It did almost 17 PSI in my 08 WRX when I had that, but the turbo wasn't big enough to maintain real pressure above that. In the STi my OTS map from Cobb pulls 17.8. Your turbo I believe should have a similar flow rate to that of my STi, and therefore should be pretty close to that. I hope that helps.

Last edited by Hondafan; 01-08-2011 at 04:01 PM. Reason: forgot the number 17 for PSI
post #3 of 5 Old 01-07-2011, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

bearaluno is an unknown
Yeah thanks a lot, I feel a lot better now, ha ha. Just needed a little clarity
post #4 of 5 Old 01-07-2011, 11:00 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Not to be or sound like a prick, but next time maybe read and/or research what you are buying so you know what to expect or understand whats going on wit it. I know when I was running my Cobb OTS maps I looked at the map notes to see what to expect to make sure I was hitting the target boost and had no problems. And even when I was protuned my tuner told me (and put it in the description of my maps) what the boost was set to. Me bet is that you would have also asked what the boost was supposed to be if you were only hitting 14.x or w/e it may be since you didnt know what you were supposed to be hitting. With these cars its best to read and understand them and the mods you do to them in order to protect that purchase/investment you made (unless of course money is no issue).

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #5 of 5 Old 01-08-2011, 04:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
Perrin didn't put that in the notes for my map, but I had asked them about it over the phone, so I did know what to expect, but if you just get the map from Perrin without much discussion it's easy to not know what it's producing.

The AP has the ability to monitor A/F ratios, boost, and ignition controls, so if you ever have a question use the monitoring and logging tools it provides to be able to research if that's safe or not. Have fun with your car and be safe. Don't hesitate to ask stuff on here, and preferably ask before making a decision on future purchases and we can really help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement