timeing belt??? need help. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-29-2010, 07:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

valercatuna is an unknown
timeing belt??? need help.

whats up guys. my name is valer and i drive a 2007 subaru wrx. it has about 54,000 on it. i was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out. yesteday when i got into my car after work and turned it on and the whole car was shakeing, and when i poped the hood i noticed my whole engine was shakein pretty bad. but only when it idles and its under 1000 rmps. driving it home i noticed it didnt have any problems. it stoped shakeing and drove normal but everytime i came to a stop and it went under 1000 rmps it started shakeing really bad again, any ideas on what could be the problem??? i had a friend look at it and he said its the 2 belts in the front of the engine, and both needs replaceing. wht do you guys think>???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-29-2010, 09:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Those two belts should be replaced every 60k or so: Subaru maintenance schedules and new car break-in period- 2000 through 2009, links for 2010, 2011...

They're really easy to change... just remove the plastic cover on the top of your engine, and loosen the locking bolts and then tensioning bolts, adjust the pulleys, and pop the belts off. Reverse order to reinstall. Very easy to do with a basic set of metric sockets and a couple of extensions.

I found mine pretty cheap online at SubaruGenuineParts.com. Look at the OEM parts catalog under Cooling, Belts and Pulleys, and you'll see both the AC Belt and Alternator Belt.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#3 Old 12-29-2010, 09:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Orrr it could be a jacked up crank pulley.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3