For those of you who remember me and Phobos... - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-31-2011, 04:43 PM
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
Thumbs down For those of you who remember me and Phobos...

Well, since there isn't a good place to post this I'll put it here.. Phobos went and did it to me again.. After some fun last year I put her in storage for the winter. I pulled her out this year and got her all ready for the season.. Fresh fluids and checked her over..

After a few short weeks of DD I noticed that my oil pressure started to dip a bit at idle.. Then on the way home from work I noticed that my OP dropped to 20psi at iidle.. So what did I do.. Well it looks like a kill a bearing. I was hopping it was just a cracked pickup but it checked out fine.. Looks like its time yet again to pull her apart.. This time I building the block myself, why pay guys like Ron (who is no longer among us) to do a crap job that doesn't last when I can do that myself for half the cost..

So yet again, maybe next year she will be back on the streets tearizing again if I can find the time to devote to her.. Time is hard with building my house, a 15 month running around and another one on the way..

Lil Shoaf.. aka Ken..

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-31-2011, 08:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
WOW that sounds like a plate full. Just building a house alone is something most will never do. Well best of luck and I hope things turn out better on the car.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#3 Old 08-01-2011, 08:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Damn Ken...Welcome Back. Sorry to hear the misfortunes. My Ron built engine blew up as well...for other reasons though. I'm having my tuner's engine builder do my new block. The guy is engine builder for SCCA cars and wants to keep his name under wraps to the public. So, he is a STIG builder for now. But, I'm getting my heads ported and polished this time with GSC S1 cams. Basically what I didn't do the first time. So, my car is also MIA right now. All the stuff got to the machine shop last week. So, hopefully this week its getting put together and getting shipped back to my tuner either this week or next. Which reminds me...I will send my tuner a e-mail for a status update. Will you frequent the forums more?

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#4 Old 08-01-2011, 05:59 PM
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
Hard to say.. I hit up the vintage grand prix with a bunch of local subies and got a bug to get mine fixed.. finding time to play on here is hard to c ome by. But I need to get back in the loop to get mine fixed..

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."
#5 Old 08-01-2011, 08:44 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Welcome back Ken. Sorry to hear about the misfortunes. I cant believe your (now) oldest is 15 months already. I remember hearing the good news. And congrats on the second one on the way. Might be just time to upgrade to a legacy, lol.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#6 Old 08-01-2011, 08:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Well, family and the house are important. But, I'm sure you can't just let Phobos die. No matter how many times it tries to off its self. Yeah, congrats on the new little one. I forgot to post that earlier. Good Luck on fixing your problem with Phobos.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae