system too lean - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-12-2010, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

mmaser is an unknown
system too lean

just replaced my axle back with a straight pipe plugged in my cobb noticed a catylysts code reset the ecu and shortly after got a check engine light and car idles rough and keeps stalling checkd the codes again and had the same plus a system bank too lean.... i checked all the live data at idle my AFR is up in the 18-20 and my short fuel trim is maxed out at 20 when i take the car for a spin it seems to level back out to normal under driving conditions... i have changed nothing with the tune i only reset the ECU to clear the codes and my tune is still on the car could this be an o2 sensor from putting the straight pipe on and it finally quit? or could this be a tune issue? any help would be greatly appreciated all local shops just shrug their shoulders at me and tell me to get it retuned ....thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-13-2010, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

mmaser is an unknown
update maybe this will help i pulled off my maf harness and the idle smoothed out fuel trim went from being maxed out at 25 to 0 to -4 .......AFR went to 14.6 everything was perfect cleaned out MAF with parts cleaner put it back together reset ecu started back up and it was acting up again my air filter is also exteremly dirty and my MAF reading on the cobb said it was in the 1 volt region is this a bad MAF?
post #3 of 3 Old 01-13-2010, 09:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to VD5505 Send a message via MSN to VD5505
I would really look for some vacuum leaks, check the hose in the front of the intake manifold on the left side of the alternator if your looking at the engine, its a little 2 inch hose and those crack alot. Also CLEAN your air filter or buy a new one and clean everything very well.

2003 WRX Hybrid build,

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement