Suggestions, opinions, help - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 87 Old 05-18-2009, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Thanks taxi, I dont leave until september though.

Update though: I think it actually might be the turbo/seals. Got on it around 930am today pulling out in front of a friend. Pulled hard in first and second, it was like some James Bond BLUE smoke screen. I am going to call the shop tomorrow when I get the chance (stupid army baby sitting). If its the turbo, guess its time for that to be upgraded. If thats the case heres my list: Blouch TD05-20G, APS TMIC, PE 800 cc injectors, walboro fuel pump, and either the Perrn 3 port of PIAs 3 port. Still subject to change after talking tomorrow and my checks done on wednesday.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 87 Old 05-18-2009, 10:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
and did the smoke go away after you got off it?

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #33 of 87 Old 05-18-2009, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Kind of, like I said it was there until I hit third and "calmed" down. But then again, it didnt anytime after that ALL day. Not at start up, not at idle, not at WOT.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #34 of 87 Old 05-18-2009, 10:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
I'm pretty sure its your turbo seals...if it was rings or head gasket it would be more persistant

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #35 of 87 Old 05-18-2009, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Thats what Im beginning to think also. Guess its time for that upgraded turbo (god I have a big grin when I say that). And the girlfriend already said it was cool.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #36 of 87 Old 05-18-2009, 10:28 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
an easy way to tell if its you turbo seals is to pull off the intercooler and see if they is oil in your turbo or intercooler.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #37 of 87 Old 05-18-2009, 10:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

man you have one of the coolest girlfriends in the history of women...mine always scream bloody murder whenever I hit boost...even way back when on the TD04

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #38 of 87 Old 05-18-2009, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Mike got to meet my girl. She is the jealous type, lol. My car is louder, she wants the exact exhaust Nagy has, lol. I told her once Im done or close to done with my car, we can start on hers. She is cool with that. Oh and I had mentioned in another post about looking at Mustangs again, well that didnt happen at all. She said Im not allowed to get another car, unless of course its another subaru.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #39 of 87 Old 05-18-2009, 10:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
If your turbo seals are going bad on your 07, that really makes me wonder about how long they'll last on my 07. I can't afford that problem right now. I need a new set of tires first. Pay to play I guess
:: sigh ::

John
07 WRX
post #40 of 87 Old 05-18-2009, 10:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

lol...man I wish I could find a girl thats into modded cars but usually I get the stuck up ones that drive jettas...although my ex had a 1.8T and she let me put a forge BOV on it b/c she liked the pshhh noise that my car made

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #41 of 87 Old 05-18-2009, 10:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

turbo seals aren't exactly the end of the world...a typical rebuild kit only runs about 100 bucks...and mitsu turbos are an easy rebuild

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #42 of 87 Old 05-18-2009, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Im not really sure Man show. I have tried to always let the car warm up properly and I dont really beat on it that bad. Have been running the Cobb Stage 2 91 OCT OTS map since last september.

Basco, I have had my fair share of rough times with women (not saying you or anyone else hasnt). I just think that Im finally getting what I deserve. Any complaints or suggesions about the parts list that I mentioned?

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #43 of 87 Old 05-18-2009, 10:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

nope...its a perfect list...just enough to blow the tranny...the only thing I would change would be that I would use a good EBC like the E-Boost 2...but thats a personal preference I just hate BC solnoids

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #44 of 87 Old 05-18-2009, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Well thats one of those things I will talk to the tuner about. I know that that will be a good bit of power. I just need to make it last until march when I leave for deployment.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #45 of 87 Old 05-18-2009, 10:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

yeah...Im in that same boat...I know I have a 450hp set up thats running 120hp down so I dont turn the tranny into a bunch of goop...but as soon as I can afford some ppg's the worlds direction of rotation will depend on when and where I'm launching my car

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement