Suggestions, opinions, help - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 87 Old 05-17-2009, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
If you dont mind me asking, why do you not consider it a DD anymore? I figured with a build motor and tranny and only holding 400whp I would still be alrite, adn then would be able to have some fun when it was warranted.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 87 Old 05-17-2009, 09:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
well the cams make it real difficult to drive everyday in the city they dont like to idle and once you reach a certain level you just begin to overstress things so much that they just dont really tend to last long

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #18 of 87 Old 05-17-2009, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Oh, ok, I forgot about you having cams. Im going to try and stay away from them honestly. I think a good solid engine, EL headers and a nice turbo with supporting mods, and s et of PPGs, with some upgraded axles and diffs, I might be alrite. Guess and hope that I eventually find out, lol.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #19 of 87 Old 05-17-2009, 10:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
but one thing I've learned is that the cams really open up the top end...like I have my revlimiter set at 8K but the car is still pulling...so if I were you I would deff do cams just not something to radical like maybe some BC 272's or the Kelfords

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #20 of 87 Old 05-17-2009, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Good looking out, I will look into it. I know that the STI cams are better but Im new to the big stuff of the car such as engine building. Im reading some and trying to learn this since it seems to be where Im heading.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #21 of 87 Old 05-17-2009, 10:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

I forgot...does your car have ACVS...b/c if not i'm not sure if the STi cams will work in your heads if they don't...also if you have questions...Building Engines has always been one of my biggest hobbies and i know alot about it

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt

Last edited by basco; 05-17-2009 at 10:20 PM. Reason: forgot about the slang sensor
post #22 of 87 Old 05-17-2009, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Good question. I dont know for sure. I believe it does, but not the same as the STI. I will look into as I get deeper into all this. Going to give the tuner a call on monday and talk some stuff over with them. Im still trying to figrue out exactly what all I need for the build, and what is nice to do (i.e the cams like you mentioned). Thanks for the input and help so far man.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #23 of 87 Old 05-17-2009, 10:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

if you do go the rebuild rout...who do you plan on doing the job...or are you going to do it yourself...I heard WorldOne Performance is a pretty good shop in washington

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #24 of 87 Old 05-17-2009, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

I have heard and seen good things come from them, they are about an hour away. There is a place called Pacific Import Auto, about maybe 20 minutes away. GREAT people, they know there stuff also. I want them to do it before I leave for Kansas in september.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #25 of 87 Old 05-17-2009, 10:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

I think i've heard of them...I had a friend that used to live in the tacoma area

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #26 of 87 Old 05-17-2009, 10:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful WReXd is known to be trustworthy and helpful
The 07 wrx has AVCS
post #27 of 87 Old 05-17-2009, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

WreXd thanks for that heads up.

Basco, thats cool. The guys at PIA know their stuff. Its a family thing, the father was a subie tech for over 20 yrs. He did the whole Forester/STI swap. Its a bad car.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #28 of 87 Old 05-17-2009, 10:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

thanks...now I remember how I heard of them...I saw that thing it was sick

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
post #29 of 87 Old 05-17-2009, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

It sure is. They have a copy of I belive Subie Sport framed in their office. The guy drives it daily. Almost sleeper status minus the BBS and Brembos, and of course when he gets on it. I trust them. They are very helpful. I have gotten all my parts (minus my AP) through them. They have been fair and helpful with it all.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #30 of 87 Old 05-18-2009, 08:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful 03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via MSN to 03 CrazyTaxi Send a message via Yahoo to 03 CrazyTaxi
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
I have heard and seen good things come from them, they are about an hour away. There is a place called Pacific Import Auto, about maybe 20 minutes away. GREAT people, they know there stuff also. I want them to do it before I leave for Kansas in september.
If you're going to be out towards "fly over" country, you might want to try calling Ron at Raw Performance. I think he's over in Russia right now but will be back soon. He's the local Subaru guru and works closely with Jorge from P&L when it comes to tuning.

VF34'd Corvette Killer aka Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement