Subaru WRX Forum banner

Subaru wrx 2016 Limited gets Disabled completely

952 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RoboTuner 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I bought a 2016 subaru wrx about 4 months back. Over the past month, my car has gotten disabled twice. When I say disabled, I mean when I try to crank it up lights turn on for like a milli second and then everything shuts off, The lights, the shifter, even the power windows don't work. The first time, it has started working on its own after like 4 hours but yesterday, it did not start at all.

I have taken it to the Dealer both the times, they had performed a battery test, checkes fuses and everything but couldn't find any problem. They say that the battery was completely drained but we cannot seem to find the reason why. The person also told me that it might be because the dome light was on for too long ( which I never usually turn on). They have just re-charged the battery and given it back to me.

if someone faced the similar problem or know what might be the problem, please let me know. I love my wrx and shouldn't have to get stuck on a highway somewhere when I go on a long drive.

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
If the issue keeps coming back, call SOA and report the issue. Another member with a 2017 is having voltage issues with theirs and the dealer just keeps replacing the battery and not finding/fixing the real issue.

Your car is under warranty so make them do their job and if they don't you have the right to return the car under the lemon law (depending on your current mileage and time owned).

Electrical issues can be a nightmare but I've tracked things down to the ECU on my old wrx...but my radiator fan weren't workign so keep us posted. Where are you located?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.