Stressed out - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-25-2009, 11:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

Norcalboy66 is an unknown
Stressed out

I have looked for hrs and havent found what im looking for so I hope someone can lend a helping hand. I have a bone stock 02 WRX wagon, I was driving to work and the check engine light started flashing and the engine started to cut in and out when accelerating in third and fourth, along with second on going from a dead stop. Now when I slowly get on the throttle it doesnt really do it. I found a couple of vacuum hoses that were broke just above the turbo, I fixed the hoses and now it dosnt cut in and out anymore but now I dont have the turbo lag like i have before, it just kinda all blends into a smooth acceleration, It still feels pretty fast. Now when I sit at an idle, its hella shaky, the check engine light is still on and the turbo get cherry red after driving for just a half hr. I think I got most of what I have goin on said so any input would be so greatly appreciated being this car is the weekend warrior for me and my small family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-25-2009, 12:05 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Do you have a boost gauge?Try resetting the ecu by either a code scanner or by removing the neg battery cable and depressing the brake pedal for 30 seconds,then hooking the neg battery cable back up.Which hoses did you replace?

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!