Starting and Running ProblemsW - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 Old 01-05-2011, 01:27 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

dgreenbluet is an unknown
Update

Today i got the fuel pump assembly. installed it in no time and the car fired right up! let it idle for about 20minutes, idle was normal. took it for a 30 minute drive around town, everything seemed normal. thought to myself, wow that was pretty easy got my car back to new again.

WRONG!!!!!!!

Let the car sit for 6 hours, and now it wont start! It cranks but will not start.

Any idea's on what would allow it to start and drive fine then after sitting for awhile cause it to bite the dust?

Anything?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 Old 01-05-2011, 06:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Did you look at the old sock and filter to see if there was gunk/crud in them?

The ONLY thing I can think of is that you knocked crud loose and has now clogged the injectors... BUT... I can't see it messing with all the injectors... just 1 or 2... maybe 3.

Are you savy on fuel injectors ? If so, pull them and clean them up... even take them to a place that will bench and flow test them for you.

Worse case scenario, you spent a cuple hours and $50 getting them cleaned.

Trace your steps... When you changed your plugs, did you happen to mess with the fuel rail. Reinstall the old plugs for giggles...

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #18 of 20 Old 03-08-2011, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

dgreenbluet is an unknown
So i figured i would update this thread incase someone has the same problem and finds this thread in a couple of years.

After the dealer installed 5 fuel pumps and destroyed all 5 of them they finally decided this wasnt the problem and ended up calling Subaru tech help.

$200 fuel pressure regulator and another fuel pump and the car is finally fixed, after months of going in and out of the shop.

Turns out the fuel pressure regulator was telling the pump to pump at 100psi and was just blowing them apart slowly.

Subaru did give me $100 to pay for one my tows, and had my car towed to shop at another time for free and only charged me for one fuel pump. So all in all not too bad but it was definitely annoying going in and out of the shop for 2 months.

Anyways I hope this is helpful for someone, I cant believe no one thought of that on here.
post #19 of 20 Old 03-08-2011, 02:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
We help when we can and its hard to diagnose over the internet. Be glad that we try to help. lol

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #20 of 20 Old 03-09-2011, 01:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Thank you for updating, I'm sure this will help someone and I wish everyone would remember to update when they solve the problem.

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon