Subaru WRX Forum banner

squeel at full boost

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  kyfi87 
#1 ·
at idle the engine sound perfectly normal. when i accelerate normally, everything sounds fine, but when i put the pedal to the floor in 1st and 2nd right when i reach full boost a squeel comes from the right side of the engine. i hear it if i have the window down. just noticed this 2 days ago. it kinda sounds like a gerbil is getting squeezed under my hood. any help?

#4 ·
It's possible. A line could have worked it's way loose or it could have had it since you bought the car but wasn't noticable until recently. Check all your clamps and get them tight.

Is it doing it in any other gears?
Notice anything else that seems odd?

#8 ·
I drove an manual F550 for work for about two years and when I had it pegged trying to make it up a hill if I didn't pay attention and it went to max boost the turbo would start to whine. So my guess is your boost is maxed out under load (for you in a lower gear, for the truck trying up a hill). So your boost might be cranked, you might check your boost controller.

I know I am comparing apples and oranges here, but both are boosted is what I was going for. Just an idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.