So Pissed - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-09-2008, 07:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

Danielson is an unknown
Exclamation So Pissed

So I just placed a order for some intake mods on ScoobyTuner.com and now my car is making a noise I've never heard before! So Pissed! It happens every time I let Off the Gas in Second, Third and it happens in fourth around 15,000rpm sounds like if you put a playing card in the Spoke of a bike! I have no Idea what it is but I'm taking it to my Auto class tonight so I hope I can find out what it is! If any one has had this happen or knows what it is can u let me know a.s.p.
thanks

2005 WRX
Borla XR-1 CBE Best Purchase so far

"Wax on wax off"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-09-2008, 08:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

Jcarv20 is an unknown
sounds like it could be a leak, maybe you left something a little loose? I would just go through the steps again? Did you mean 1500rpms? lol
#3 Old 12-09-2008, 10:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful 03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via MSN to 03 CrazyTaxi Send a message via Yahoo to 03 CrazyTaxi
Ok, get a link for the "intake mod," and what mods are currently done to the car? Might just be the BPV you are hearing. Oh, and how did you get a Subaru motor to rev over double what the highest tuned rev limiter I've ever seen?

VF34'd Corvette Killer aka Doug
#4 Old 12-09-2008, 10:27 AM

ScoobyTuner is more helpful than not
Send a message via MSN to ScoobyTuner
Danielson, the only thing I could think of is that there is something that isn't tightened down all the way that is causing a leak. If you would like you can call us and we can talk over the phone about what's going on to see if we may be able to shine some light on the problem.

I just hope you don't think that the reason you are having this issue is because you ordered from us. Let me know. We are here to help!

Chris
Scoobytuner.com
#5 Old 12-09-2008, 11:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyTuner View Post
Danielson, the only thing I could think of is that there is something that isn't tightened down all the way that is causing a leak. If you would like you can call us and we can talk over the phone about what's going on to see if we may be able to shine some light on the problem.

I just hope you don't think that the reason you are having this issue is because you ordered from us. Let me know. We are here to help!

Chris
Scoobytuner.com
That's what I call customer support. Good luck Danielson, you've got plenty of willing people ready to help ya man.

Also, did you just order the mods, or have you installed them already?

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
#6 Old 12-09-2008, 12:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

Danielson is an unknown
yeah I ment 1500rpms and I just ordered the intake haven't got it yet so thats not the problum and there are no mods except a turboXS BOV but I didn't install that it was on the car when I bought it! I talked to my dad and a guy at work the races and they think it might be the exhaust ### i had Carmax (thats where I bought the car) replace the down pipe that was bad there is a plus I got the extended warrenty so I think it will be covered I just want to know whats with my Baby! ScoobyTuner thanks for the support I really like that you guys very helpful! and thanks to every one here at WRXtuners you guys are also very helpful! Again thanks!!

2005 WRX

"Wax on wax off"
#7 Old 12-09-2008, 01:27 PM

Sorry to hear about the problem but I'm happy to hear that you are in the works of gettng it taken care of. Keep us in the loop and let us know if there is anything we can do on our end.

BTW, I just looked up your order and checked out the items that were on there. You shouldn't have any issues with the items you ordered. They shouldn't affect the MAF sensor or anything like that. It's a very safe/effective mod. I won't say what they are unless you want to (just to be on the safe side). I think everyone will agree that if you were to tell them the items you ordered, they would agree.
#8 Old 12-09-2008, 03:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful 03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via MSN to 03 CrazyTaxi Send a message via Yahoo to 03 CrazyTaxi
Please for the love all that is Subaru, tell me that you have the recirc kit for the BOV. If not, PUT THE STOCK BACK ON. While that may not completely fix the issue, it will help.

With it having a BOV, I kinda wonder what other modifications the previous owner had done. I've known guys that nearly blew their motor, returned the car back to stock, and traded it in on something newer/less damaged.

VF34'd Corvette Killer aka Doug
#9 Old 12-09-2008, 04:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 CrazyTaxi View Post
Please for the love all that is Subaru, tell me that you have the recirc kit for the BOV. If not, PUT THE STOCK BACK ON. While that may not completely fix the issue, it will help.

With it having a BOV, I kinda wonder what other modifications the previous owner had done. I've known guys that nearly blew their motor, returned the car back to stock, and traded it in on something newer/less damaged.
Yeah, are you sure Danielson that it's not just your BOV going off? When you don't build up full boost and let off the gas, the BOV flutters letting out only the little you had built up. But when you build up enough boost, it will do the usuall "ppshhhhuuu!!!!". I had just been watching a guy testing for boost leaks on his evo with a turboXS BOV, and it fluttered when he didn't give it as much throttle, and it did the loud BOV noise when he gave it more.

And whoever did that is messed up crazytaxi, I'd be pissed to buy a car from someone who did that...

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
#10 Old 12-09-2008, 10:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Those techs at Carmax might not have used enough elbow grease when installing your downpipe.

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#11 Old 12-10-2008, 01:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

laruffa is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to laruffa
If you dont have a huge turbo on that thing, which you dont, you said it was stock...

then please for the love of god but the stock bpv back on your car
#12 Old 12-10-2008, 07:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

Danielson is an unknown
Thanks for the info every one but I found the Problum its my drive shaft and rear diff !Cry! and the intake mod is a motoGP elbow, a pirren filter, and a pirren AFTA MAF silicone hose, and I have no problums with this car till now and the cat was a broken wire but other then that perfect

and i would put the stock bpv back on but! I bought it with the Turbo XS bpv on there so no stock one to replace it!

2005 WRX

"Wax on wax off"

Last edited by mosc; 12-10-2008 at 01:07 PM.
#13 Old 12-10-2008, 07:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

Danielson is an unknown
I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post!

2005 WRX

"Wax on wax off"

Last edited by mosc; 12-10-2008 at 01:07 PM.
#14 Old 12-10-2008, 01:02 PM

Danielson, do you know if that TXS unit is the RFL? That one has been known to leak. If I would try chceking the classifieds either here or on Nasioc. you might be able to find some one who isn't using theirs any more and you could buy it off them for cheap. Either that or get a different valve that isn't prone to leaking or an aftermarket recirc valve. They hold boost better than the OEM.
#15 Old 12-10-2008, 04:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

Danielson is an unknown
Sorry didn't know about double posting! and don't know if its a rfl any way whats an rfl?

2005 WRX

"Wax on wax off"